Trying again with my hair..and coming back here

kleinehexekleinehexe Registered Users Posts: 80 Curl Neophyte
I joined several years ago, but stopped visiting because at the time I kind of gave up with my hair. I became overwhelmed and had other issues that took priority.

So I'm back and I really want to figure out my hair.

I have low porosity, as in after 4 hours my hair was still floating, and my top layer (I think it's canopy?) is 2a while underneath is 2c-3a. Talk about frustrating mixed curl pattern. Oh. low density and strands are medium to fine.

My main problem at the moment is frizz. I have frizz like crazy. Not pouf frizz (my son has that) but surface frizz all over.

I'm at a loss as to what to even try because my hair is very easily weighed down. Well, the top layer is. My curly ringlets are not. Darn top layer.

I have just started back using sulfate free poo, and last night used a co wash. As for styling, I'm just clueless. For the past several years I have used one bottle of gel, Biolage Firm Gelee, which give me nice definition but the frizz is crazy. So I always just put my hair back in buns/ponytails.

It seems if I leave any conditioner in my hair it is limp and greasy looking. and still frizzy.

Someone give me a few suggestions to try. Please. Oh, unfortunately no gluten. My doctor nixed gluten from my hair and body products although technically I should be able to use them. As a celiac it's just an extra precaution to eliminate all possible exposure.

So right now I have Shea Moisture conditioning co-wash, the clear start shampoo, and am using Argan Magic Hydrating conditioner.

Last night I co-washed, left a little bit of the Argan Magic in, put Biolage Gelee in, and plopped over night. My hair is crazy frizzy and yet super limp and greasy looking....with okay curl definition.

Comments

• MorrisonFan91MorrisonFan91 Registered Users Posts: 609 Curl Connoisseur
    welcome :) .

1 thing, i have found being low porosity curls ^ waves myself is when very humid/high dews anything with shea butter weighs it down.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file