I need your help curlies. Are these two products good for my hair?

curlybluescurlyblues Posts: 4Registered Users
Hi curlies,

So I got some very helpful advice in my last post and I've been doing some research.

I'm currently looking for a mousse and a leave-in because none of the Holy Grail CG products are available where I live, so with some very helpful guides I think I might have found some good products.

My only concern is if these products would suit my climate and the nature of my hair? As context the climate here is always in high dewpoints (15c/60f). My hair is also 3B, highly porous, dry, has coarse/thick strands, and is between medium to high density.

These were the two products I found that read CG friendly but they both contain ingredients that make me wonder if my hair might frizz with them instead:

* Hot-Tot Structure Whip (seems like a mousse)
Water/Aqua/Eau, Polyurethane-14, AMP-Acrylates Copolymer, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polysorbate 60, Ceteareth-20, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, Benzyl Alcohol, Potassium Sorbate, Dehytroacetic Acid, Cetyl Hydroxyethylcellulose, Citric Acid, Parfum/Fragrance, Citronellol, Benzyl Benzoate, Coumarin, Geranoil, Citral, Limonene, Linalool.

I just wondered if the Aloe and the Shea would react badly in this weather? My hair also hasn't had positive results before with raw Shea and Aloe, but I'm thinking maybe my hair should react fine because these ingredients are combined with other fatty moisturizers?

* The Hot-Tot Curl Serum (reads like a leave-in)
Water/Aqua/Eau, Cetearyl Alcohol, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Ceteareth-20, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Panthenol (Vitamin B-5), Camellia Sinensis (White Tea) Leaf Extract, Polysorbate 60, Benzyl Alcohol, Carbomer, Tromethamine, Potassium Sorbate, Saccharide Isomerate, Dehydroacetic Acid, Parfum/Fragrance, Citronellol, Benzyl Benzoate, Coumarin, Geranoil, Citral, Limonene, Linalool.

The ingredients sound very delicious for my hair but I wonder if they suit the nature of my hair (highly porous) and this climate too.

Thoughts? Thank you in advance curlies for all the help!

Comments

• curlyamarylliscurlyamaryllis Posts: 338Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    They're so far down the list of ingredients, I'm guessing there's not a lot of aloe or shea in there. Though the only real way to tell is to try it, really.
    CG since May 1, 2016
    3a, fine, thin, normal porosity, no dye, greying naturally
    Devacurl Weightless Waves Low Poo & Conditioner, B'Leave-in and Ultra Defining Gel
    Curl Junkie Spiral Lotion in low humidity
    Ouidad Advanced Heat & Humidity Gel mixed with UDG for high humidity
    at home gelatin PT
    Hask Argan Oil Deep Conditioner

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file