Help me replace these SM products, please :)

cm03cm03 Posts: 24Registered Users Curl Neophyte
I thought I had found my HG but I'm now needing to replace two beloved Shea Moisture products. Not so much because of the way my hair is reacting but because I am starting to itch badly, maybe from them being so shea heavy? I get a prickly rash on my neck that goes away if I don't use them. :( I went back to GVPCB for my condish and that helped a little, esp with my scalp, but when I use my SM styling products I still get the rash. Oddly, I had a reaction to a salon brand (forgetting the name!) that was shea heavy, but the SM never bothered me till now.

So I need to find replacements for the SM curl enhancing smoothie and the SM Curl and shine spray. I use the smoothie under my gel (Giovanni LALooks) and to smooth frizz second day. The spray I use to refresh when I look dry/frizzy and for second day hair. Here are my hair details

Fine, High porosity, color treated, 2b/c with some 2a (underlayer) and 3a mixed in. Collar bone length. average density. Doesn't like to clump, tends to dry out VERY easily (live in a dry climate).

Thanks for any product suggestions to replace my beloved SM!

Comments

• sixelamysixelamy Posts: 4,157Registered Users Curl Novice
    Are you allergic to latex by any chance? Shea butter has a latex protein in it. Not sure about a replacement product :/
    2c-3a - med-coarse - normal-high porosity - high density
    :bunny:
    NP/LP: CJ Daily Fix, KMF Whenever / Giovanni TTTT
    RO/LI: Aussie Moist, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Hask Keratin Protein
    DC/PROTEIN: KC Stellar Strands / CNPF
    STYLER: CJ Curl Queen
    COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
    :thumbdown:: glycerin in high/low dews, polyquat-10 & 11, parabens

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights