humectants vs antihumectants

hey all, i think i missed the boat...i am truly confused about humectants vs antihumectants. i get if the dew point is 30-50 hair like them. but then theres antihumectants, targeted for use in dews above 60. heres my issue, in my dry climate, and winter climate, i know i should not use humectants....so then do i use antihumectants? one article mentions that antihumectants should not be used in a dry climate since its a moisture blocker. so what do you do in a dry climate, aka dews 20-30, humidity 15-30%? i use as i am leave in, eden curl cream, and ecostyler gel. my hair when dry feels dry. so i am at loss for understanding what i should look for in product when you live a climate that stays dry all year?

Comments

• Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,140Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Maybe others can chime in, because I am not an expert, but I think that in dry weather, the concern is only with the humectant glycerin, not with all humectants. For some people, glycerin appears to pull moisture out of the hair and to itself when the dew points are really low. Other people do fine with it, however.

I think that people who use an antihumectant in dry weather are operating on the assumption that they have very carefully moisturized their hair and do not want any of the moisture to be lost to the dry air--so they use an antihumectant, which will form a barrier between their hair and the air.

What works varies from person to person. I would experiment and see what works for you.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file