Damage Recovery Help!

xscarianaxscariana Registered Users Posts: 2
Hi, my name is Ariana and I'm 16 years old. I am biracial (black and white). I've lived with my mother most of my life and she was never sure how to properly care for my hair, so she began straightening it when I was about 11. Almost 2 years ago I began taking care of my own hair and I'm trying to recover my curls.
In my baby photos I used to have springy curly hair, and parts of my hair are beginning to curl. I've already made the big chop, and cut off about a foot of hair.
I've attached photos, and tried to keep them in order of my journey. The photo where my hair looked curly was a miracle dayl (it never happened again, and keep in mind it may just be because its wet.)
I use shea moisture, have tried curlkit, a diffuser, organix, and redken. I also use a microfiber towel to help dry my hair (though I never ever rub my hair with it, just pat.)
-I've tried multiple things, and nothing seems to be working anymore. Please help?!

Comments

• Jessica.WileJessica.Wile Registered Users Posts: 74
    Sounds like you may need to include protein treatments in your routine. It may help revive your curls over time.
  • xscarianaxscariana Registered Users Posts: 2
    Sounds like you may need to include protein treatments in your routine. It may help revive your curls over time.

I will try that! which protein treatments do you reccomend?
  • Jessica.WileJessica.Wile Registered Users Posts: 74
    Sorry, I'm suuuper late. The easiest thing to try first is to shampoo with a clarifying shampoo and then do a good deep condition. Sleep in it overnight if you'd like. See if that shows any sign of improvement. If that doesn't help, protein may be your issue. It can help with any damage you have from the heat your mother used on your hair. I hear good things about Aphogee reconstructor. Here's a starter list: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/home/top-8-protein-treatments-for-natural-hair-hi/

But if you're like me and are wary about trying new products, you can make your own at home. A lot of people mix up eggs, yogurt, and whatnot into their hair. I like SunKissAlba's mixture. As long as you have a good blender, it's really easy to whip up at home: https://youtu.be/MQ_RnB_FbuM

And I don't know your routine, but a lot of girls on here drastically improved their "clumping" and frizz issues by going shampoo-less. Only cowash your hair for a while and see if that resolves things over time. I believe it's called the Curly Girl Method.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file