Alternative for Shea Moisture CES

AldroAldro Posts: 32Registered Users Curl Neophyte
I use Cantu Leave-In Conditioning Repair Cream and Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie to moisturize and define my curls. I occasionally add an oil to the mix. So far this combination seems to work pretty well for me.

I'm almost out of CES and am thinking about trying a new product, just to see if something else might work even better and I was wondering if you lovely lot have any suggestions? :)

ETA: I've been reading a lot of positive reviews about SM Jamaican Black Castor Oil Leave-In Conditioner and the SM Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Style Milk. I'm just not sure if these products are generally used together or even have the same type of effect. I'd love to hear opinions/experiences from you guys.
2C/3A | Medium Hair | Medium Density | Low Porosity | Medium elasticity

Shampoo: Petal Fresh, Urtekram, Zarqa
Conditioner: Petal Fresh, Urtekram
Leave-in: Blueberry Bliss, Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie
Styler: Jessicurl Spiralicious

Comments

• JunyJuJunyJu Posts: 495Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I just got into the JBCO line and I LOVE it! Wonderfully moisturizing, but not as heavy or as greasy (for me) as the Coconut and Hibiscus line was. The leave-in is runny, so I was worried it wouldn't work, but it was fantastic. I personally haven't tried the Cocomut and Hibiscus Curl and Style Milk, but I've heard it's lighter than the smoothie, and might make a good pair with the JBCO leave-in without weighing down your hair, and preventing crunch!
    Medium texture, with some fine. Colored. High porosity, high density. 3b/3c; multicultural.

•Deep Conditioner: Shea Moisture JBCO Hair Masque
    •Conditioner: One N' Only Island Essentials Awapuhi
    •No-poo: One N' Only Island Essentials Awapuhi
    •Styler(s): Shea Moisture JBCO Leave-In, As I Am Curling Jelly.
    •CG as of 12/?/2014, BC 04/?/2015. First CG cut 7/9/2015. :happy3:
  • AldroAldro Posts: 32Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Thank you for your reply! I'm happy to hear why you love the JBCO leave-in.

I use the Cantu Repair Cream as a leave-in and the smoothie as a styler. Sometimes I use a gel on top of that. Would you say that the JBCO and a gel does the trick for you?
    2C/3A | Medium Hair | Medium Density | Low Porosity | Medium elasticity

Shampoo: Petal Fresh, Urtekram, Zarqa
    Conditioner: Petal Fresh, Urtekram
    Leave-in: Blueberry Bliss, Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie
    Styler: Jessicurl Spiralicious
  • SweetRellieSweetRellie Posts: 468Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Aldro wrote: »
    I use Cantu Leave-In Conditioning Repair Cream and Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie to moisturize and define my curls. I occasionally add an oil to the mix. So far this combination seems to work pretty well for me.

I'm almost out of CES and am thinking about trying a new product, just to see if something else might work even better and I was wondering if you lovely lot have any suggestions? :)

ETA: I've been reading a lot of positive reviews about SM Jamaican Black Castor Oil Leave-In Conditioner and the SM Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Style Milk. I'm just not sure if these products are generally used together or even have the same type of effect. I'd love to hear opinions/experiences from you guys.

I find the perfect consistency by mixing the Curl & Style Milk with the CES, with more of the milk to decrease the heaviness. Otherwise, I use and love the consistency of the new Superfruit Smoothie.
    Thick, highly porous but protein sensitive 4a hair
    Modified Curly Girl Method

Current Staples
    Cowash/Rinse-Out: Not Your Mother’s Naturals Tahitian Gardenia Flower & Mango Butter Conditioner
    Shampoo: NYM Naturals Tahitian Gardenia Flower Shampoo
    DC: Shea Moisture’s Raw Shea & Cupuacu, Fruit Fusion, Superfruit Complex or Manuka Honey lines
    Leave-In: Maui Moisture's Curl Milk or Shea Butter Hair Mask
    Stylers/Creams: Maui Moisture's Curl Smoothie or Camille Rose Naturals’ Sweet Buttercream (kids line)
    Sealants: Maui Moisture's Coconut Milk Weightless Oil Mist
    Scalp Treatment: Alikay Naturals Hair & Scalp Balm; Essential 17 Growth Oil
  • countrygurlcountrygurl Posts: 32Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Hi ! I did not have great results with Shea moisture smoothie. It was just OK. I do like the coconut curl and style milk ( the Yucca didn't work for me ).
    I thought about trying the Cantu Coconut cream instead, maybe I will.

My comment is... You might wasn't to try a new line by Bella Curls ( NOT La Bella , and not Bella curls off Etsy).. Its a new line. I've only seen it at Dollar General. The ingredients are awesome, natural etc. The prices are very good $5-6 . I've tried the Bella Curls Coconut Whipped Leave In Cream. Its in a brown bottle with purple letters. Its great, smoothing, smells good. I want to go back and buy the Coconut Curl Defining Crème. Looks very promising , huge container and cheap.
    If you want to see what the products look like they do have a Facebook. I don't know how to link it though , just google Bella Curls.
    Hope this helps.
  • SweetRellieSweetRellie Posts: 468Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Hi ! I did not have great results with Shea moisture smoothie. It was just OK. I do like the coconut curl and style milk ( the Yucca didn't work for me ).
    I thought about trying the Cantu Coconut cream instead, maybe I will.

My comment is... You might wasn't to try a new line by Bella Curls ( NOT La Bella , and not Bella curls off Etsy).. Its a new line. I've only seen it at Dollar General. The ingredients are awesome, natural etc. The prices are very good $5-6 . I've tried the Bella Curls Coconut Whipped Leave In Cream. Its in a brown bottle with purple letters. Its great, smoothing, smells good. I want to go back and buy the Coconut Curl Defining Crème. Looks very promising , huge container and cheap.
    If you want to see what the products look like they do have a Facebook. I don't know how to link it though , just google Bella Curls.
    Hope this helps.

I actually saw this line at my local DG and I was interested. I didn't get a chance to read the ingredient list in detail but it seemed pretty decent, especially for the price.
    Thick, highly porous but protein sensitive 4a hair
    Modified Curly Girl Method

Current Staples
    Cowash/Rinse-Out: Not Your Mother’s Naturals Tahitian Gardenia Flower & Mango Butter Conditioner
    Shampoo: NYM Naturals Tahitian Gardenia Flower Shampoo
    DC: Shea Moisture’s Raw Shea & Cupuacu, Fruit Fusion, Superfruit Complex or Manuka Honey lines
    Leave-In: Maui Moisture's Curl Milk or Shea Butter Hair Mask
    Stylers/Creams: Maui Moisture's Curl Smoothie or Camille Rose Naturals’ Sweet Buttercream (kids line)
    Sealants: Maui Moisture's Coconut Milk Weightless Oil Mist
    Scalp Treatment: Alikay Naturals Hair & Scalp Balm; Essential 17 Growth Oil

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file