Hairprint Hair Color - Is this logical or crazy??

spicecurlspicecurl Posts: 13Registered Users
Hi there,

I bought a Hairprint color kit (brown, caucasian).

Hairprint says that dyed hair can turn 1 - 4 shades darker than your natural color. They suggest doing the roots (and put oil on the ends to protect them).

I don't have roots b/c I have less than 5% gray, and they show from roots to tips from the color fading.

For the past year, I've used Daniel Fields (no peroxide or ammonia). Before that, I used Sally's products.

Is it logical to think that my low porosity hair won't get too dark?? Or am I crazy (b/c 4 shades darker than my naturally brown hair will probably look black (not good!)

Anyone have experience or tips? I'm new here, so won't let me attach pics. You can see one if you go to imgur dot com and add: /sPv5gJm to the end of the address.

Thanks!
Spice

Comments

• rbbrbb Posts: 4,352Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    i'm not ever coloring my hair again, but i read about this several months ago and i was fascinated by the concept. of course, you still get roots as hair grows in, just that this claims to color it your natural color. i posted on this in the readers' products forum a while ago.
    let me know if you use it and what you think.

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:curl junkie conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: curl junkie 
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine
  • spicecurlspicecurl Posts: 13Registered Users
    I will follow up. I've emailed the company and will heed their advise.

I see why you're never coloring your hair again...looks fantastic!

Cheers.
  • rbbrbb Posts: 4,352Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    thanks!

i won't color my hair again because i hated the whole process, every 3 weeks, i hated the way it looked..... now if i could magically go back to my natural darkest brown i would, but i will not spend all that time coloring anymore.

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:curl junkie conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: curl junkie 
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine
  • naturecatnaturecat Posts: 1,986Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Wow this does sound intriguing. I have a few grey hairs here and there and in the future want to color them naturally. Do you know if this straightens/weighs down the hair? Henna can (did to mine), and if this deposits stuff on your hair it may well do the same. So please let us know your experiences and anything you find out.

3A/f/i
    Super baby fine hair, low porosity
    Shampoos: SM Fruit Fusion (mostly), Avalon lemon (to clarify). Occasional aloe vera and glycerin to wash.
    Stylers: Intelligent Nutrients Perfect Hold Hairspray
    Treatments: Catnip tea, IA girl's PT, Fermented Rice Water, Catnip Tea, Amla tea, Irish Moss, SS PT
  • spicecurlspicecurl Posts: 13Registered Users
    Hi Naturecat,

I will report back. Meantime, you might mail the company and ask, though, there's nothing like hearing from someone "on the street" lol.

Ciao!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file