2a and new to all of this....

ValW708ValW708 Posts: 2Registered Users
I'm wanting to let go of my flat iron because it's ruining my fragile hair. I am wanting to embrace my waves, but I don't know how to make them look good with as less heat as possible. My hair is fine and thinning on top from hormones & thyroid issues. Oddly, my hormones from being pregnant with 4 kids is what made my hair wavy LOL!!! Thanks for all your help!

Comments

• ValW708ValW708 Posts: 2Registered Users
    Here's a pic from the back
  • JoonlilyJoonlily Posts: 51Registered Users
    Welcome! This is a great place to go when you're just starting out.

Can I ask what your current routine is, and what products you use? I don't want to give you suggestions for things you are already doing!

The one thing I would recommend off the bat for hair that is fine and damaged is a light protein treatment, which can help give your hair a little more strength and support while the damaged sections grow out. Some people love protein, some don't (so your mileage may vary), but it has helped my hair tremendously! I use the IA Girl DIY treatment, because I can easily modify the strength of the treatment to suit my needs. Start with the more diluted version, and only leave it on for a few minutes so you can see how your hair reacts.

Good luck!
    2a canopy, 2c/3a everywhere else
    Medium porosity/density
    Modified CG since 2014

• Low-poo: SM fruit fusion/ SM coconut hibiscus
    • Conditioner: Rotating SM and Deva One Condii
    • LI: SM Curl & style milk
    • Styler/Gel: Cantu curl activator, Deva UDG

• Experimenting with protein and lightweight oils, so far my hair LOVES PROTEIN. (IAGirl Protein treatment)
    • DIY addict

Working on loving my hair, no matter what kind of a day it's having.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file