In tears!!!

DarbyDarby Posts: 1,025Registered Users
So I've had horrible luck trying to find someone here that can just cut curly hair. NOT too much to ask for! Long story but the last one was done two days ago. I felt pretty good about going in because I asked a lady in my yoga class who cut her hair. She has curly hair and it looks AWESOME!!! She gave me his card and I made the appointment. He was nice but then the cutting began. I'm a wimp at saying NO, don't do that. He cut it wet and then said he could bring it up in the back giving me a ton more lift and curl. Great, sounds great :) Then he got carried away and brought out the thinning shears and started to cut INTO my hair. OMG - I knew I was just doomed. I got home, re-did my hair and just cried for a good hour. He did some weird bob thing in the back so my nice long curls back there are GONE and my hair is like 1 inch long underneath in the back. NOTHING I can do about that now but wait for it to grow. :(
The rest looks frizzy now and weird because of the shearing. I found another deva stylist that is going to do something with this mess on Tues. The "deva" stylist I had before was done with my hair in like 15 min. and left long strands, short strands... it just didn't look right so I quit going to her. I don't think she was a TRUE deva stylist.
I sure hope this new one does a good job for me! It can't get any worse than what it is now.
PW:curlyhaired

Natural hair color - dark brunette
Fine, thinish hair/3a, 3b

Comments

• Curlista93Curlista93 Posts: 398Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Welcome to the list of girls who regret going to stylists. I'm sorry about what happened. It's hard to from find people who know how to cut curly hair. Hopefully your next stylist will make your hair look better.
    4a/3c, Low Porosity, Fine Texture
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 7,053Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I'm sorry you had such a bad experience. I really don't get how stylists can not know that shears are bad on curly hair, it's surely pretty obvious. Hope the stylist on Tuesday can help.
    3b in South Australia.
  • sdkittysdkitty Posts: 360Registered Users Curl Novice
    Sorry for what happened to you. Did you get a consult with the Deva stylist you're going to for correction? I always like to get a consult first to hear what they have to say. If she's Deva trained it should be OK but I've found there are big differences in how good Deva trained stylists can be. I've been to at least three of them and out of the 3, one (my current stylist) was excellent. The other two, not so great. Good luck.
    Darby wrote: »
    So I've had horrible luck trying to find someone here that can just cut curly hair. NOT too much to ask for! Long story but the last one was done two days ago. I felt pretty good about going in because I asked a lady in my yoga class who cut her hair. She has curly hair and it looks AWESOME!!! She gave me his card and I made the appointment. He was nice but then the cutting began. I'm a wimp at saying NO, don't do that. He cut it wet and then said he could bring it up in the back giving me a ton more lift and curl. Great, sounds great :) Then he got carried away and brought out the thinning shears and started to cut INTO my hair. OMG - I knew I was just doomed. I got home, re-did my hair and just cried for a good hour. He did some weird bob thing in the back so my nice long curls back there are GONE and my hair is like 1 inch long underneath in the back. NOTHING I can do about that now but wait for it to grow. :(
    The rest looks frizzy now and weird because of the shearing. I found another deva stylist that is going to do something with this mess on Tues. The "deva" stylist I had before was done with my hair in like 15 min. and left long strands, short strands... it just didn't look right so I quit going to her. I don't think she was a TRUE deva stylist.
    I sure hope this new one does a good job for me! It can't get any worse than what it is now.
  • sixelamysixelamy Posts: 4,157Registered Users Curl Novice
    Sorry you've had bad experiences, I think we've all been there at some point. I had a similar one, so I definitely share your sadness. I hope you can find somebody. What I've learned (for any cut really) is you have to be ultra specific once you sit in the seat. Even if you think they won't use them, specify no thinning shears, you want a blunt cut. You want it only this short in the back, etc etc. It is hard to say no, but after losing curls time and time again you really need to stand up for your hair. Hope this Deva stylist is better than the last, and I hope you can get it grown out quick and get your curls back.
    2c-3a - med-coarse - normal-high porosity - high density
    :bunny:
    NP/LP: CJ Daily Fix, KMF Whenever / Giovanni TTTT
    RO/LI: Aussie Moist, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Hask Keratin Protein
    DC/PROTEIN: KC Stellar Strands / CNPF
    STYLER: CJ Curl Queen
    COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
    :thumbdown:: glycerin in high/low dews, polyquat-10 & 11, parabens
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 7,053Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    How did you go Darby? Any joy?
    3b in South Australia.

Leave a Comment