Vidal Sassoon Salonist Boxed Color

carlyinromecarlyinrome Posts: 3Registered Users
Has anyone used the Salonist boxed color from Vidal Sassoon? I really liked the Luxe line when I was, however briefly, a redhead, but I'm back to my natural blonde, and I just need to lighten up a bit, but the Luxe line doesn't have blonde shades. What gives me pause with the Salonist line is that it has, like, equipment? It says you have to do the roots and then the lengths separately; I dye my own hair at home with the same basic technique as shampooing, so I'm not sure about this roots then tips thing at all. I remember there used to be that hair color where you used the little comb to evenly apply the color? My hair was not having that. It ended up a tangled, frizzy mess. My hair is very thick and very curly, so it can, you know, kind of eat things. I lose bobby pins in there; at the salon, once they put the clips in, they sometimes don't want to come out.

TLDR: Has anyone used the Vidal Sassoon Salonist boxed color on their curly hair, and if so, did the roots then lengths part complicate things because of your hair texture or thickness?

Thanks so much.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file