Curly Hair London

SopottSopott Posts: 42Registered Users Curl Neophyte
hi everyone,
i got my first ever curly haircut yesterday from Stephanie at
Curly Hair London - Hairdresser Curly Hair Dry Cut Colour Perm
it was an amazing experience! for the first time ever going to a hairdresser was not stressful. I didn't have to worry about reacting allergic to any of the stuff put on my hair, she used all Deva products. I didn't feel like half my hair got yanked out, and afterwards my scalp didn't hurt. Stephanie listened to me, and asked useful questions, i had her full attention. She explained what she was going to do before we started, and explained further as she went along. She also showed me how to take care of my hair at home. I will definitely be going back, i won't even try to find excuses not to go :thumright:

As an added bonus, my hair look great!
2C/3A
shampoo: Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose
conditioner: Aubrey Organics Island Naturals
leave-in: Shea Moisture Coconut Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie
sealing oil: olive, coconut, avocado
gel: Deva

alternating weeks
protein: Aphogee 2 Minute Reconstructor
moisture: Cantu Deep Treatment Masque

Comments

• BotticelliBritBotticelliBrit Posts: 2,075Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I've been looking to book an appointment with Stephanie, as my hair is looking so raggedy lately and the ends need a good sort. Unfortunately she doesn't seem to be taking appointments at the moment. I'm totally gutted! The only other hairdresser I can find is Lindsey Hughes and she's nearly double the price :(
    3B. Med porosity. Med thickness. Med density.

LP: Shea Moisture (currently JBCO)
    Conditioner/CW: Jason Aloe Vera

LI: Aunt Jackie's Curls & Coils Quench
    Refreshing: TRESemmé Naturals Aloe Vera & Avocado
    Gel: DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel
    DC:
    Aunt Jackie's Soft & Sassy Super Duper Softening Conditioner
    Treatments: Coconut oil/Coconut milk

UK curly. CG since Oct 2013.
    Growing my hair to WL when dry :thumright:
  • curlyannie80curlyannie80 Posts: 334Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Beautiful! I really want to get a Deva cut now more than ever, since I've seen so many amazing results on here.

Sent from my XT1254 using CurlTalk App
  • pocketpocket Posts: 11Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I've been looking to book an appointment with Stephanie, as my hair is looking so raggedy lately and the ends need a good sort. Unfortunately she doesn't seem to be taking appointments at the moment. I'm totally gutted! The only other hairdresser I can find is Lindsey Hughes and she's nearly double the price :(

Recently she had to rearrange my appointment because she was ill. She has just been able to rearrange it, implying she is better now, so I think you will be able to book an appointment v soon! I'm very excited for mine!
  • SlinkyheadSlinkyhead Posts: 100Registered Users
    Oh cool its good to have the name of another stylist here in UK. I'm going to Lindsey Hughes tomorrow for my first devacut! I'm super excited. My aim is to get a long bob with lots of varied layers for volume. I'm curious to see what she'll recommend. I'm most excited about getting more dead weight cut off.

Type: 3a | NP | med-fine but high den | bob
    NP: Deva NP, DC low poo, ACV rinses
    RO: Deva 1 Cond orig or decadence
    DC: DC HIC, SM JBCO mask
    LI: 1 Cond, B'leavin
    Styler: Deva SPC or reg SC
    Gels: DC LDG, Bouncecurl
    Refresh: water w Lavender oil.
    Scalp: Lav/jojoba/rosem/pep oils.
    Airdry, wait 30 mins before diffusing.
    Loves a little protein in stylers! Hates heavy stuff.
    Slinkyhead wrote: »
    Oh cool its good to have the name of another stylist here in UK. I'm going to Lindsey Hughes tomorrow for my first devacut! I'm super excited. My aim is to get a long bob with lots of varied layers for volume. I'm curious to see what she'll recommend. I'm most excited about getting more dead weight cut off.

Please do let us know how it goes! I was looking at Lindsey Hughes, but her pricing had me hesitating, so it'll be great to know if she's worth it :)

DC:

• SlinkyheadSlinkyhead Posts: 100Registered Users
    I got my haircut yesterday! I love it! I'll post up some pics really soon, I want to restyle with my own products first and I'm entering a marathon weekend/week. It was such a lovely day - walked all around London until I had blisters on my feet lol. I live in Northern Ireland and I was just over in London to see my saxophone repairman so I combined my trip with a haircut. Lindsey couldn't have been nicer as well as her colleague Nicki. I learned a few things I didn't know and learned more about my hair. They used the Boucleme products, they're really nice and smell great..I just prefer my own products for my hair personally. Did a SM mask which was a nice treat. I would definitely recommend her - total pro and good vibes. I got a bob, got all of my bad ends off my hair is super healthy now. Its kind of cute and shaggy, I have bangs now. Haven't worn it this short in a long time but I love how fun it is and the volume. I'm recording a CD on monday and tuesday (yay!) so its "go time" thru Wednesday, but I'll post them as soon as I'm done..probably with some celebratory wine.

Type: 3a | NP | med-fine but high den | bob
    NP: Deva NP, DC low poo, ACV rinses
    RO: Deva 1 Cond orig or decadence
    DC: DC HIC, SM JBCO mask
    LI: 1 Cond, B'leavin
    Styler: Deva SPC or reg SC
    Gels: DC LDG, Bouncecurl
    Refresh: water w Lavender oil.
    Scalp: Lav/jojoba/rosem/pep oils.
    Airdry, wait 30 mins before diffusing.
    Loves a little protein in stylers! Hates heavy stuff.
    I'm so glad she worked out for you @slinky! Cannot wait to see pictures!

Lindsey is taking appointments again (wooo), and I managed to score an appointment with her for December. I'm beyond excited. This'll be my first ever curly cut (and, actually, my first trip to a hairdressers in about two years :oops:).

Fingers crossed!

DC:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list