Hello! Im´new!

barbarareedbarbarareed Posts: 1Registered Users
Hello everyone! My name is Barbara (2A), I´m new here. Nice to meet you all. I have been searching for a good forum about hair care for a long time. I am especially interested in sulfate and silicone free shampoos and conditioners.If you have some good tips, just let me know!

-Barbara

Comments

• JoonlilyJoonlily Posts: 51Registered Users
    Hi there, and welcome!

You'll find LOTS of different opinions on favorite products here, but I'll share the ones I tend to see the most:
    Shea Moisture brand (big favorite on these boards, they have several different lines, all of which are relatively cheap and usually easy to find in the US). This is the brand I use the most, and gives me consistently good results.
    Curl Junkie (I've never tried it, but I see it come up as a recommendation often)
    Deva (Mixed reviews, lots of curlies love it, others not so much. I like the OneCondition and Super Styler)
    Suave Naturals (recommended as a cheap and effective brand. Not all Suave products are sulfate/silicone free, so be sure to double check the ingredients)
    Kinky Curly (Again, mixed reviews from across the texture spectrum, but a popular one to try)

I'm sure I'm missing a lot, but hopefully that gives you a place to start!
    2a canopy, 2c/3a everywhere else
    Medium porosity/density
    Modified CG since 2014

• Low-poo: SM fruit fusion/ SM coconut hibiscus
    • Conditioner: Rotating SM and Deva One Condii
    • LI: SM Curl & style milk
    • Styler/Gel: Cantu curl activator, Deva UDG

• Experimenting with protein and lightweight oils, so far my hair LOVES PROTEIN. (IAGirl Protein treatment)
    • DIY addict

Working on loving my hair, no matter what kind of a day it's having.
  • Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,560Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Hello! The first thing I would recommend for you is to determine your hair's porosity (there are threads about that one the board, and there are lots of articles on the Naturally Curly site and also on the Internet in general). This will help us make better recommendations for you. It would be nice to know also if your hair is fine or thick.

Nice to have you here!
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file