Cutting my hair tomorrow

Cassei23Cassei23 Posts: 8Registered Users
I'm getting a much awaited haircut tomorrow, and to say that I'm nervous is quite the understatement! My 2c/3a curls, at the length they are right now, are just too hard to handle, so I'm planning on cutting at least 4 inches off (to clarify, this is 4 inches when wet. Who knows what shrinkage will do). I know that doesn't really sound like much at all, but for my hair, even a trim causes a huge change. In addition, I'm planning on straightening my hair, for the first time in six years (last time I straightened it, it wasn't even curly yet). All in all, I'm anxious to see what will happen tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Comments

• MorrisonFan91MorrisonFan91 Posts: 609Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    hey, :) .

i might suggest having the stylist do it dry so they can see your hair's pattern/density and allow for that while doing amount want.

4 inches trimmed off wet might look like 8 inches off once dried.
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,182Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    How did it turn out? Hope you are happy with it!
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • Cassei23Cassei23 Posts: 8Registered Users
    Did it! Currently not sure how I'm feeling, since my hair is now temporarily straight, and I'm anxiously awaiting the return of my curls. I know for a fact that (as I was warned about) my stylist cut way too much. My hair straight right now is about the length I was going for when curly, and I know the shrinkage is going to be insane... I tried to be very clear with what I wanted, but it was the stylist's first time working with me, so... Let's just say I may end up with considerably less hair than I intended. It's either going to be worse than I expect or better than I expect. Fingers crossed for better, though worse is quite likely.

I'll probably post again on this thread once it curls up again.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file