Newbie Intro & Needs Help Plzzz

itskinababyitskinababy Posts: 4Registered Users
Hey guys im new to the site and am finding this place to be a wealth of knowledge....

So my story similar to sooo many been relaxing most of my life after a bad hair color job had to semi big chop (ALL of the back and I left the front with enough hair to do a swoop bang to the front.)

Before the semi big chop I always wanted to go au naturale but my old stylist used to make it seem like I had to live with relaxers forever; so when the option to cut most of all my hair came up because of all the damage I was totally game.

So for the most part I had some knowledge about hair care but learning about hair types and how to maintain NON-Chemical treated hair is new to me and im learning.

As I find more info I am really frustrated and trying to determine my hair type I believe im a 3B/3C BUT I can be wrong, my pic of my hair while wet is in my signature.

Any assistance anyone can provide would be great and I look forward to talking more to you ladies.

Comments

• JoonlilyJoonlily Posts: 51Registered Users
    Welcome! You've come to the right place. What's your current routine? How does your hair feel at the moment, and have you figured out what your hair texture is (course/fine/porous/etc?)

Let us know what you're doing currently and what your hair goals are, and we'll have a better idea of what to recommend for getting started.

Also, check out this thread, it was super helpful when I first joined and was trying to figure out where to start!
    2a canopy, 2c/3a everywhere else
    Medium porosity/density
    Modified CG since 2014

• Low-poo: SM fruit fusion/ SM coconut hibiscus
    • Conditioner: Rotating SM and Deva One Condii
    • LI: SM Curl & style milk
    • Styler/Gel: Cantu curl activator, Deva UDG

• Experimenting with protein and lightweight oils, so far my hair LOVES PROTEIN. (IAGirl Protein treatment)
    • DIY addict

Working on loving my hair, no matter what kind of a day it's having.
  • JoonlilyJoonlily Posts: 51Registered Users
    Welcome! You've come to the right place. What's your current routine? How does your hair feel at the moment, and have you figured out what your hair texture is (course/fine/porous/etc?)

Let us know what you're doing currently and what your hair goals are, and we'll have a better idea of what to recommend for getting started.

Also, check out this thread, it was super helpful when I first joined and was trying to figure out where to start!
    2a canopy, 2c/3a everywhere else
    Medium porosity/density
    Modified CG since 2014

• Low-poo: SM fruit fusion/ SM coconut hibiscus
    • Conditioner: Rotating SM and Deva One Condii
    • LI: SM Curl & style milk
    • Styler/Gel: Cantu curl activator, Deva UDG

• Experimenting with protein and lightweight oils, so far my hair LOVES PROTEIN. (IAGirl Protein treatment)
    • DIY addict

Working on loving my hair, no matter what kind of a day it's having.
  • itskinababyitskinababy Posts: 4Registered Users
    Joonlily wrote: »

Thanks for the feedback; based on the pic do you know what hair type I might be?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file