Can anyone recommend something for my hair?

e_me_m Posts: 19Registered Users
I am a 2b-2c. This is my hair freshly cleansed with Sally's Hair One used as a cleanser and leave-in conditioner. No other product. It is much fluffier today, I suspect it needs moisture. Maybe. Suggestions?

Comments

• MeiMei Posts: 259Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I think it looks great, you've got good root volume going on. You could try a little bit of Alaffia Beautiful Curls leave-in or Deva's Styling Cream (not near the roots) to see if that helps control some of the fluff and gives you more definition.
    Multicultural (Caucasian/Filipina)
    2b/2c - f - iii - low porosity - normal elasticity
    Holy Grail: Matrix Biolage Cleansing Conditioner for Curly Hair
    I rotate through the rest of my products depending on weather and etc but usually don't need them
    I try not to use products tested on animals if I can help it.
    Link: Updated hair picture January 2017
  • chupiechupie Posts: 5,280Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    e_m wrote: »
    I am a 2b-2c. This is my hair freshly cleansed with Sally's Hair One used as a cleanser and leave-in conditioner. No other product. It is much fluffier today, I suspect it needs moisture. Maybe. Suggestions?

It's a little hard to see but it does look like a nice shape. Are you looking for more definition? Because you might be after some more types of defining stylers. You have a ton of body and root curl. Maybe all you are after is an oil seal over your leave in. You can click on the link in my sig for a list of videos I have done that show different products and techniques that may work well for you. From what I can see you have GREAT wave.
    2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy8bclCLgER5N_uVYSYZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com
  • e_me_m Posts: 19Registered Users
    Well, the root volume is all due to placing pin-curl pins at my scalp while my hair is wet, a la the Deva Curl method. It really works for me.

The only product that I actually like is Shea Moisture's hair oil, so maybe I should explore more...?

Thus far, AG's recoil was somewhat unimpressive, along with DevaCurl's gels. I wish I understood more what various products were supposed to do.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file