Poofy hair, any solutions?

sonianevermindsonianevermind Registered Users Posts: 3
Hi,
So I've been dealing with poofy hair for a long time now and have never quite found a solution for it, I've resorted to just wearing it half up instead. However, I'd like to able to wear it fully down so is there anything I could do about it? I was wondering if maybe long layers would help, or would that just make everything worse? I've already tried using heavy leave-in products but those just make my hair feel greasy and do not weigh it down. Putting it in braids or in a bun also doesn't work and only makes my hair frizzier.
I've included a picture of my hair, do keep in mind that my hair is still damp here so it has not reached it's final stage of poofiness yet. I unfortunately do not have any other pictures of my hair down because I usually wear it half-up or in a bun. I guess the best way to describe my hair when fully dry is that it's kind of mushroom shaped, if that clears anything up.
Any help would be appreciated, thank you :).

Comments

• naturecatnaturecat Registered Users Posts: 1,986 Curl Neophyte
    Your hair has such great potential. You already have such nice curls. Yup, long layers would be good to change the shape. Most curlies don't have one length because it tends to create a triangle shape. As for frizz (if that's what you mean by poofy?), that could also have to do with your hair routine. If you want to go into your routine and products that also might be able to help people give you more suggestions.

3A/f/i
    Super baby fine hair, low porosity
    Shampoos: SM Fruit Fusion (mostly), Avalon lemon (to clarify). Occasional aloe vera and glycerin to wash.
    Stylers: Intelligent Nutrients Perfect Hold Hairspray
    Treatments: Catnip tea, IA girl's PT, Fermented Rice Water, Catnip Tea, Amla tea, Irish Moss, SS PT
  • sonianevermindsonianevermind Registered Users Posts: 3
    naturecat wrote: »
    Your hair has such great potential. You already have such nice curls. Yup, long layers would be good to change the shape. Most curlies don't have one length because it tends to create a triangle shape. As for frizz (if that's what you mean by poofy?), that could also have to do with your hair routine. If you want to go into your routine and products that also might be able to help people give you more suggestions.

Thank you, I'll look into getting long layers then :smile:.
    With poofy I was mostly referring to the shape, I guess voluminous would've been a better way to describe it. Luckily I can usually keep the frizz to a minimum.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file