Spray for moisturizing lo-po hair?

Therese1Therese1 Registered Users Posts: 2,563 Curl Virtuoso
Does anyone have any suggestions for a moisturizing spray for low-porosity, fine hair? I would like something to refresh my second-day hair.

I know that some people use conditioner plus water, but I am not sure what amounts to use. Every time I try to make a spray, the conditioner plugs up the spray nozzle. It seems like by the time I get the mixture diluated enough to spray, there is hardly any conditioner in there and I might as well just use plain water.

I'm open to store-bought sprays as well--they don't have to be homemade. Thanks!
Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
RO: IN Harmonic
LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair

Comments

• naturecatnaturecat Registered Users Posts: 1,986 Curl Neophyte
    When I was super lo-po I think aloe was one of the few things that could penetrate my hair shaft. Needs to be with water or over wet/damp hair (I think) because it helps seal in moisture, but doesn't *give* moisture in and of itself. There's gel and juice. I used to use the edible type that requires refrigeration and lasts about 6 months in the fridge (lily of the valley or lily of the dessert or something like that).

3A/f/i
    Super baby fine hair, low porosity
    Shampoos: SM Fruit Fusion (mostly), Avalon lemon (to clarify). Occasional aloe vera and glycerin to wash.
    Stylers: Intelligent Nutrients Perfect Hold Hairspray
    Treatments: Catnip tea, IA girl's PT, Fermented Rice Water, Catnip Tea, Amla tea, Irish Moss, SS PT
  • Therese1Therese1 Registered Users Posts: 2,563 Curl Virtuoso
    Thanks, naturecat. I do have some of the Lily-whatever aloe in the fridge, and I'll try it out. I've had problems in the past with aloe making my hair crispy if my hair isn't wet first, so I'll definitely try it on wet hair.
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
  • kleinehexekleinehexe Registered Users Posts: 80 Curl Neophyte
    Any luck with the aloe spray?

Right now I am using a spray I made with distilled water and coconut water as a refresher.
  • Therese1Therese1 Registered Users Posts: 2,563 Curl Virtuoso
    The aloe actually made my hair overly soft and kind of frizzy/flyaway. But I just started using the Beautiful Curls refresher spray (basically made of water, aloe, shea butter, and some other stuff), and sometimes I don't mind the additional volume that I get from the frizz. I think I may have been using too much aloe before. I am experimenting with putting the BC spray on damp hair, or else putting it on dry hair and then misting with water. Aloe is very tricky for me!

What ratio do you use for your mixture? How do you like it?
  • kleinehexekleinehexe Registered Users Posts: 80 Curl Neophyte
    I did 2:1 ratio of water to coconut water. I think I will try doing 50/50 next time. I also keep it in the fridge so the coconut water doesn't go bad.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file