Can't figure out what Type2 hair I have

mmarieemmariee Posts: 2Registered Users
Hey fellow wavys/curlys, I am actually in the hospital right now and so for the first time in a few months didn't get to straighten my hair, and I started to wonder what my natural hair type was. I actually quite like it, but the tests all seem to indicate 2a, but the pictures for 2a usually look quite different to my hair. What do you think? I'd love some help! One picture is from when I dyed my hair ginger (don't ask..), the other's are more natural color and the last are from the hospital bed..

Comments

• naturecatnaturecat Posts: 1,986Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I think you have at least 2b potential, esp if you're not CG yet. Your hair is long, so the top has a looser pattern but the bottom part looks more 2b ish. I hope you feel better and are out of the hospital soon!

3A/f/i
    Super baby fine hair, low porosity
    Shampoos: SM Fruit Fusion (mostly), Avalon lemon (to clarify). Occasional aloe vera and glycerin to wash.
    Stylers: Intelligent Nutrients Perfect Hold Hairspray
    Treatments: Catnip tea, IA girl's PT, Fermented Rice Water, Catnip Tea, Amla tea, Irish Moss, SS PT
  • mmarieemmariee Posts: 2Registered Users
    Thank you for the help naturecat :) I actually bought everything for CG a few months ago and then didn't use it because I wanted to use up everything else first, and then.. I guess I kind of got off-track again. But I am going to try when I get home! I get out tomorrow, so it's a nice thing to look forward to! Experiments! Thanks again :)
  • chupiechupie Posts: 5,280Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Yeah, 2a/b. Your wave crest is short enough you can probably get a bit of root lift. It's a VERY pretty wave pattern.
    2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy8bclCLgER5N_uVYSYZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com
  • MeiMei Posts: 259Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    2a/b and it'll get curlier the longer you do CG and find products that work.
    Multicultural (Caucasian/Filipina)
    2b/2c - f - iii - low porosity - normal elasticity
    Holy Grail: Matrix Biolage Cleansing Conditioner for Curly Hair
    I rotate through the rest of my products depending on weather and etc but usually don't need them
    I try not to use products tested on animals if I can help it.
    Link: Updated hair picture January 2017

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file