Laura @ Seagull in NYC

curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,130Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
My last haircut didn't grow in well so I decided to try someone new. I went to Laura after reading the reviews on this site. I'm so glad I found her! The Seagull salon is spacious and airy. Laura is easygoing and took care of me from start to finish instead of handing me off to assistants like happens in some places.

Laura angled the scissors when she cut my hair. The only other person who did this also gave me a great cut but disappeared. I'm glad I found Laura - I like this method! She also showed me a new way of twisting my curls - great! My haircut is so cute. She is my new HG stylist. She has my highest recommendation.
2/c Coarse hair med. density.
Highly porous. Color over grey.
I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
Every day is a gift :flower:

Comments

• koolkurlkoolkurl Posts: 252Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Curypearl I am so happy you found a great curly stylist! What type of haircut did you get? Is it a bob? What products and styling techniques did she recommend?
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,130Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Koolkurl you are so sweet! You make me smile. :)

My haircut is really short which I wanted. When Laura was done cutting and styling, my curls had that modern messy look, but not messy/frizzy. Sometimes my curls look too "done" and stiff but not after her haircut.

Laura asked me lots of questions and cut my hair by angling the scissors. She used Kevin Murphy products which are loaded with silicones (yuck). She did lots of very skinny twists, but it didn't take long and put me under a heat lamp for a while, then diffused. Then she cut again. I was really happy with how the curls looked.

The next day I shampooed again and used strictly cg products. I got great hair! I didn't even twist. A friend complimented me saying it looked sassy. My curls were shiny and bouncing in different directions.

The only downside is that the 2nd day hair was a disaster. I just don't think I'll ever find 2nd day hair without re-wetting. If I can just accept that I need to rewet on 2nd day I'll have good looking hair pretty much all the time (I can dream can't I)?

Thanks for chiming in!
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file