Bald spots please help!

blackhairhereblackhairhere Curl NeophytePosts: 5Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Ok so I posted this on another site and I have not received any responses, so im really hoping i can get help here. Its really embarrassing to post this because you would think that i should know better but here it is.

Ok so I have 4c hair with a little 4b thrown in. I've been growing my hair out for a year and I think I have made great progress. About two weeks ago I was detangling and I was rushing and like an idiot i was pulling really hard on my hair and ya know long story short I was WAY TOO rough with my hair. I now have some pretty sizable bald spots on my head, but the good news is that the hair there is already starting to grow back but its still really short and i dont know how long it will be until the hair fill in the spot completely and its really embarrassing to have huge bald spots on my head, I have been debating on cutting all my hair off and starting over but the hair that I do have is really healthy and I mean come on its a whole years worth of hair growth, to the naked eye most the of baldness is not noticeable because my hair kind of covers it but if you look long enough you can see it, I've also been debating just leaving my hair alone and letting the spots grow back since my hair has been growing back fast but I don't want wildly uneven hair. Does anyone have any advice, like honestly what would you do if you were me and does anyone have any fast hair growth remedies Please help!

Comments

• GypsycurlGypsycurl Posts: 15Registered Users
    Honestly, I think you are being way too hard on yourself. This kind of stuff happens. It sounds like your hair is making a healthy recovery and the bald spots are not terribly noticeable. No one is going to stand around and scrutinize your hair and, if they do, that is there issue, not yours. Coming from someone who has had bald spots her entire life, I would not cut your hair short. Cutting your hair will only make it harder to cover the spots and you will have given up all that work. Jamaican black castor oil is great for growth. Also, you can always try rubbing a little hair colour eye shadow on the spot (depending on where they are) to make them less noticeable. In a month you'll have enough growth that they will blend in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • naturecatnaturecat Curl Neophyte Posts: 1,986Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I have some bald-ish spots too (areas in front where there are short hairs) and most people don't notice whatsoever. When the hair gets to be an inch or so it's enough to blend in with and thicken the rest of the hair. Fermented Rice Water is said to make hair grow faster, and black seed oil is also helpful for regrowing hair. Peppermint essential oil as well. I do agree that since the spots will fade soon enough, it would be a shame to start over. I'd keep the length too if I were you.

3A/f/i
    Super baby fine hair, low porosity
    Shampoos: SM Fruit Fusion (mostly), Avalon lemon (to clarify). Occasional aloe vera and glycerin to wash.
    Stylers: Intelligent Nutrients Perfect Hold Hairspray
    Treatments: Catnip tea, IA girl's PT, Fermented Rice Water, Catnip Tea, Amla tea, Irish Moss, SS PT
  • blackhairhereblackhairhere Curl Neophyte Posts: 5Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Gypsycurl wrote: »
    Honestly, I think you are being way too hard on yourself. This kind of stuff happens. It sounds like your hair is making a healthy recovery and the bald spots are not terribly noticeable. No one is going to stand around and scrutinize your hair and, if they do, that is there issue, not yours. Coming from someone who has had bald spots her entire life, I would not cut your hair short. Cutting your hair will only make it harder to cover the spots and you will have given up all that work. Jamaican black castor oil is great for growth. Also, you can always try rubbing a little hair colour eye shadow on the spot (depending on where they are) to make them less noticeable. In a month you'll have enough growth that they will blend in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you so much for your advice, it really made me feel a thousand times better about my hair situation and my newbie mistake and thanks so much for the recommendation i'll start using it in my regimen right away!
  • blackhairhereblackhairhere Curl Neophyte Posts: 5Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    naturecat wrote: »
    I have some bald-ish spots too (areas in front where there are short hairs) and most people don't notice whatsoever. When the hair gets to be an inch or so it's enough to blend in with and thicken the rest of the hair. Fermented Rice Water is said to make hair grow faster, and black seed oil is also helpful for regrowing hair. Peppermint essential oil as well. I do agree that since the spots will fade soon enough, it would be a shame to start over. I'd keep the length too if I were you.

Thanks so much for responding and giving me advice I've never heard of rice water and black seed oil but I will totally look into them, i have always heard about peppermint oil and always assumed that its only uses were for its scent but i would have never imaged it could be used for hair growth thanks again for your advice!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file