It's me and my curls ;)

ShepherdessShepherdess Posts: 12Registered Users
Hi everyone!

I joined this site a while ago and forgot about it. I have never really known how to make my hair happy, and although I tried to care for it as gently as possible with wonderful information from hair communities and websites, it wasn't until recently that is realized what my hair actually needs! It is amazing how differently optimal care for each different hair type can be!

I think I am mostly somewhere around 3a curls in my longest locks (curls up to classic when I let it, stretched it is thigh), though in my shorter locks I find 3b curls. I recently learned by this site that my hair is high porosity
, which explains all of my hair problems and why oils like coconut don't work for me! I already sort of figured out that my hair absorbs super easy and dries and frizzes easily, but I think I now can better figure out what products to use that I know its porosity! It's also mostly medium and fine strands I think. :)

Anyway, so excited to have found this site again and the wealth of information it provides! I hope to find the perfect natural conditioner for my hair that is silicone, sulfate and protein free. :)

Thanks for reading!! :D

ETA: It looks like I already introduced myself a few years ago, I forgot that I had posted some before! Hope this post is okay.
Mid thigh length (stretched) - 3a/3b curls? - High Porosity - Medium/fine texture - High Density - Scalp only with Giovanni Blackberry & Coconut Milk shampoo - CO wash length only - Avoids Sulfates/cones - dab of Giovanni conditioner + jojoba/olive oil mixed in palm and applied after wash - Uses SheaMoisture curl enhancing smoothie and Cantu Define and Shine Custard after leave ins - Currently only finger combing - No trims since Oct. 2014 except occasional S&D

Comments

• 10sylvia510sylvia5 Posts: 39Registered Users
    Welcome shepherdess,
    I am quite new on here but I've learnt so much about curls here ! I have new hair!!
    Good luck in your hair journey
  • ShepherdessShepherdess Posts: 12Registered Users
    10sylvia5 wrote: »
    Welcome shepherdess,
    I am quite new on here but I've learnt so much about curls here ! I have new hair!!
    Good luck in your hair journey
    Thank you very much, Sylvia!! :)

Wow! That is so wonderful! It's great that this place provides so much information! :D Also, so happy to hear that about your hair, that is inspiring!! :D

Thank you once again for the warm welcome and good luck to you too in your hair journey!! :)
    Mid thigh length (stretched) - 3a/3b curls? - High Porosity - Medium/fine texture - High Density - Scalp only with Giovanni Blackberry & Coconut Milk shampoo - CO wash length only - Avoids Sulfates/cones - dab of Giovanni conditioner + jojoba/olive oil mixed in palm and applied after wash - Uses SheaMoisture curl enhancing smoothie and Cantu Define and Shine Custard after leave ins - Currently only finger combing - No trims since Oct. 2014 except occasional S&D
  • SnailmentSnailment Posts: 7Registered Users
    i would like to see your hair picture

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file