Why does my hair feel so soft but looks so dry??

spoiledrotten86spoiledrotten86 Registered Users Posts: 7
I'm currently 20 months into my transition and ever since I started my hair journey I cant figure out why my natural hair feels so soft but looks so dry and frizzy. And because my hair felt so soft I was only moisturizing every 3-4 days and washing once per week. Can someone please explain to me what's going on. Should I moisturize my hair more even though my hair is already soft or is that just my natural hair texture? I'm so confused. And I need to know this because I plan on doing my big chop in 11 days and I Don't want my natural hair looking a mess like my transitioning hair.

I have low to medium density strands and low Porosity hair if that helps.

Comments

• Curlista93Curlista93 Registered Users Posts: 411 Curl Novice
    Sometimes natural just looks dry even if it is moisturized. Styles like twist outs, braid outs, bantu knots, etc help give the hair shine as it makes the hair strands more uniform.
    Kinky Curly, 4a, Fine Texture 
    Last Relaxer: 2/11/2012
    Latest BC: 11/24/2018

• spoiledrotten86spoiledrotten86 Registered Users Posts: 7
    No it doesn't but if it's my hair texture how do I stop the frizz?
  • Curlista93Curlista93 Registered Users Posts: 411 Curl Novice
    Have you tried styling with a gel with strong hold? Also touching your hair a lot while it is still drying and contribute to lots of frizz.
    Kinky Curly, 4a, Fine Texture 
    Last Relaxer: 2/11/2012
    Latest BC: 11/24/2018

• spoiledrotten86spoiledrotten86 Registered Users Posts: 7
    Ok. Now I understand.
  • ManesNaturalsManesNaturals Registered Users Posts: 17
    Sometimes it can just be there hair. Sometimes it can be the shade of hair, my hair is like a off black which gives the appearance of constantly being dry.
    Full bra strap length, flirting with mid back length
    Chronic Protective Styler. Anti Knots Warrior. 5 years being natural, so have become quite the kitchen alchemist.
    Check out my website:
    manesnaturals.bigcartel.com
    Follow me on instagram:
    instagram.com/manesnaturals
  • AddeeAddee Registered Users Posts: 412 Curl Connoisseur
    I agree on hair color. My hair is reddish brown, and it doesn't naturally have the sheen that black hair does. I know so many people who dye their hair black that I wonder when I see it if it's natural. Castor oil and gel help.
    Forget what hurt you, but never forget what it taught you.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file