Maui Moisture Products at Ulta

SweetRellieSweetRellie Posts: 468Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Has anyone tried any products from the Maui Moisture company? The line is currently only sold at Ulta for $8.99 and claims to have:
No mineral oil
No silicones
No parabens
No gluten
No SLS
No sulfated surfactants
No synthetic dye
YES eco-friendly
YES pure coconut water
YES pure aloe juice

There are a total of 6 lines by Maui Moisture, each with their own set of cleansing, conditioning, and styling products. I'm really curious about trying them and wanted to know if anyone else has used them. Here's the website: Hair | Maui Moisture
Thick, highly porous but protein sensitive 4a hair
Modified Curly Girl Method

Current Staples
Cowash/Rinse-Out: Not Your Mother’s Naturals Tahitian Gardenia Flower & Mango Butter Conditioner
Shampoo: NYM Naturals Tahitian Gardenia Flower Shampoo
DC: Shea Moisture’s Raw Shea & Cupuacu, Fruit Fusion, Superfruit Complex or Manuka Honey lines
Leave-In: Maui Moisture's Curl Milk or Shea Butter Hair Mask
Stylers/Creams: Maui Moisture's Curl Smoothie or Camille Rose Naturals’ Sweet Buttercream (kids line)
Sealants: Maui Moisture's Coconut Milk Weightless Oil Mist
Scalp Treatment: Alikay Naturals Hair & Scalp Balm; Essential 17 Growth Oil

Comments

• Curlista93Curlista93 Posts: 404Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Is it suppose to be similar to Shea Moisture?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CurlTalk App
    4a/3c, Low Porosity, Fine Texture
    Last Relaxer: 2/11/2013
    Last BC: 11/24/2018
  • SweetRellieSweetRellie Posts: 468Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I think so. I've been to two Ulta stores and they were sitting directly next to Shea Moisture.

Current Staples
    Cowash/Rinse-Out: Not Your Mother’s Naturals Tahitian Gardenia Flower & Mango Butter Conditioner
    DC: Shea Moisture’s Raw Shea & Cupuacu, Fruit Fusion, Superfruit Complex or Manuka Honey lines
    Stylers/Creams: Maui Moisture's Curl Smoothie or Camille Rose Naturals’ Sweet Buttercream (kids line)
    Hmm. That makes me want to try them as well. I wish they would post the ingredients on their website.
  • gactrainergactrainer Posts: 23Registered Users
    I got the coconut shampoo and conditioner for thick curly hair and both work fairly well for the price! Slip is alright for the conditioner, I've had better, but for the price it works well, the products are good(first ingredient is aloe juice, which my hair loves) and no silicones, so I was happy!
    Curlista93 wrote: »
    Hmm. That makes me want to try them as well. I wish they would post the ingredients on their website.

The ingredients for each product are on Ulta's website.

Current Staples
    gactrainer wrote: »
    I got the coconut shampoo and conditioner for thick curly hair and both work fairly well for the price! Slip is alright for the conditioner, I've had better, but for the price it works well, the products are good(first ingredient is aloe juice, which my hair loves) and no silicones, so I was happy!

I think I'm okay with my current conditioner, especially since you said this one doesn't have the best slip. I'm really interested in trying them because of the aloe juice and lack of silicones since I'm on the CG method. I just may give them a try although they don't have the grandest of reviews on Ulta's website.

Current Staples
  • NYCgirlNYCgirl Posts: 236Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I have the Coconut Milk Weightless Oil Mist, Vanilla Bean Oil Mist and one of the raw oils.
    I first tried the Coconut Milk Oil Mist and after using it for a week, I went back for more! Ulta was having a deal of some sort so I ended up purchasing the other products.
    I LOVE the Oil Mist products for keeping my wash-n-gos moisturized and refreshed. I spritz my hair at night before pineappling and I’m good to go in the morning. These oil mists are my all-in-one lazy day replacements for misting with water and sealing with an oil.
    • Oils: EVOO,JBCO, Almond Oil
    • Cleanse: SM JBCO Replenishing Shampoo, Jane Carter's Conditioning and Cleansing Co-Wash
    • Pre-poo: Trader Joe's Coconut Oil, Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner
    • LI: CRN The Leave-in Collection,
    • DC: LUSH Deep Conditioning Treatment by Miche Beauty, Cantu Deep Treatment Masque
    • PT: CJ Repair Me, Mielle Organics Babassu Oil Mint Deep Conditioner
    • Style: CRN Curl Maker, KCCC, WetLine Xtreme Gel, Cantu Coconut Curling Cream
    I'm all for all-in-ones, especially refresher sprays. I may have to try one.

Current Staples
  • Felicia.BerrFelicia.Berr Posts: 1Registered Users
    Is by far one of the best products I've tried. In my opionion its more moisturizing than shea moisture but less greasy. Its hard to explain. I have 3b/3c hair & I can do a wash and go with this product alone. It smells like the cantu leave in.. Which is super strong & fruity. Its a very smooth thick cream. I have to mix it with water in the palm of my hand to make it milky before I distribute just because it's THAT creamy. I apply it to soaking hair & sit under my hooded dryer. Probably some of the best wash & goes I've ever had. I have color & heat damage too & It helps to curl those straight peices right up. I loveee this stuff so much. I'll most likely use it until the day I die!
  • taylorlangelotaylorlangelo Posts: 1Registered Users
    This line is absolutely brilliant.
    I bought the bamboo thicken and restore yesterday.
    Just bought the shampoo and conditioner and went to sleep on wet hair. Woke up this morning with such beautiful curls that were actually super defined. I do not pineapple as my hair is super short, so normally when I wake up, it's a birds nest. But I could've walked right out the door had my hair been long.
    It is so soft, bouncy, moisturized and defined. Also the bamboo line smells soo good!
    Will definitely be buying again!!
    I'm interested in trying the vanilla bean butter. Sounds good.
  • PuffmuffPuffmuff Posts: 2Registered Users
    Suprisingly, I saw a few of their products at my local Walgreen store. It have it's own little stand. I say, I like the shampoo so far. It lather very well.
  • honeysweet20honeysweet20 Posts: 362Registered Users Curl Novice
    This line was in my local Walgreen's as well. and the ingredients looked somwehat questionable. There were polyuats and DMDM Hydatoin in their ingredients. the only thing that looked "safe" to me was their shea butter raw oil. If you're not a bit of an ingredient snob like myself you may benefit from this line. HTH!
  • Jazmine.AlleJazmine.Alle Posts: 2Registered Users
    I've have had natural hair all of my life and key things for me for healthy hair only shampoo once a week and moisturizing at night right before bed something is out Shea butter works best. Beintonite clay mask for hair is amazing too you can get it at Jazzy Lash
  • JunyJuJunyJu Posts: 495Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Is by far one of the best products I've tried. In my opionion its more moisturizing than shea moisture but less greasy. Its hard to explain. I have 3b/3c hair & I can do a wash and go with this product alone. It smells like the cantu leave in.. Which is super strong & fruity. Its a very smooth thick cream. I have to mix it with water in the palm of my hand to make it milky before I distribute just because it's THAT creamy. I apply it to soaking hair & sit under my hooded dryer. Probably some of the best wash & goes I've ever had. I have color & heat damage too & It helps to curl those straight peices right up. I loveee this stuff so much. I'll most likely use it until the day I die!

Now I'm interested! One of the reasons I ditched the Coconut and Hibiscus Smoothie was because it was so greasy, no matter how little I used.
    Medium texture, with some fine. Colored. High porosity, high density. 3b/3c; multicultural.

•Deep Conditioner: Shea Moisture JBCO Hair Masque
    •Conditioner: One N' Only Island Essentials Awapuhi
    •No-poo: One N' Only Island Essentials Awapuhi
    •Styler(s): Shea Moisture JBCO Leave-In, As I Am Curling Jelly.
    •CG as of 12/?/2014, BC 04/?/2015. First CG cut 7/9/2015. :happy3:
    CVS currently has them for BOGO 50% off, so I purchased the Curl Milk and Smoothie. They were NOTHING like Shea Moisture's Curl & Style Milk and Curl Enhancing Smoothie. Maui's milk was heavier and able to function as a leave-in/moisturizer and styler all alone. My hair is thick, so I applied the smoothie as well. My hair is SUPER moisturized. Definitely going to go and purchase a mist or the butter. Once they add a gel or mousse, I'll definitely stick to this one brand. Shea Moisture needs to be concerned about this kind of competition lol.

Current Staples
    CVS currently has them for BOGO 50% off, so I purchased the Curl Milk and Smoothie. They were NOTHING like Shea Moisture's Curl & Style Milk and Curl Enhancing Smoothie. Maui's milk was heavier and able to function as a leave-in/moisturizer and styler all alone. My hair is thick, so I applied the smoothie as well. My hair is SUPER moisturized. Definitely going to go and purchase a mist or the butter. Once they add a gel or mousse, I'll definitely stick to this one brand. Shea Moisture needs to be concerned about this kind of competition lol.

Current Staples
  • JunyJuJunyJu Posts: 495Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I recently purchased their Coconut Milk line for thick, curly hair. I love the smell, and the price, and the fact that a little goes a long way in terms of their conditioner. I have been able to use it as a leave-in, and my hair is very moisturized. It also doesn't make my scalp itch like some conditioners, so I'm really liking this so far!
    Medium texture, with some fine. Colored. High porosity, high density. 3b/3c; multicultural.

•Deep Conditioner: Shea Moisture JBCO Hair Masque
    •Conditioner: One N' Only Island Essentials Awapuhi
    •No-poo: One N' Only Island Essentials Awapuhi
    •Styler(s): Shea Moisture JBCO Leave-In, As I Am Curling Jelly.
    •CG as of 12/?/2014, BC 04/?/2015. First CG cut 7/9/2015. :happy3:
  • KLF76KLF76 Posts: 1Registered Users
    I tried the Maui Moisture Shea Butter moisturizing shampoo/conditioner because my hair is in dire need of moisture (no protein). Anyone else disappointed in the conditioner? The shampoo was very luxurious and lathered really well. But I found the conditioner had very little slip for my hair, and it made it feel almost straw-like in the shower. I found that really weird since the shampoo felt really moisturizing. Could it be the aloe (listed as the first ingredient)??

I'll give it a few more tries, but my so far not impressed. I followed it up with the Garnier Whole Blends Olive Oil LI which provided better moisture Might try the conditioner from that line.
    Hair Type - 2A/2B wavy. Curls around the scalp falls limp at the ends. Low porosity. Medium density

Trying to get hair back to healthy after too many years of heat styling and fighting with it's natural texture. It's been breaking off like crazy and I don't want to lose my length (trying to grow it out). Not sure if I will fully follow GG just doing my research.

Products: currently a mix of Aveda for everything. On the hunt for good protein free, moisturizing products.
    KLF76 wrote: »
    I tried the Maui Moisture Shea Butter moisturizing shampoo/conditioner because my hair is in dire need of moisture (no protein). Anyone else disappointed in the conditioner? The shampoo was very luxurious and lathered really well. But I found the conditioner had very little slip for my hair, and it made it feel almost straw-like in the shower. I found that really weird since the shampoo felt really moisturizing. Could it be the aloe (listed as the first ingredient)??

I'll give it a few more tries, but my so far not impressed. I followed it up with the Garnier Whole Blends Olive Oil LI which provided better moisture Might try the conditioner from that line.

I currently use and LOVE the Shea Butter Hair Mask as a leave-in and styler. So far their rinse out conditioners don't wow me. I have the Coconut Milk and Coconut Oil conditioners and neither seem to really penetrate my hair yet they somehow detangle them well. IMO, the Coconut Oil Shampoo moisturizes, detangles, and defines better than the conditioner.

Current Staples
  • piccadilly13piccadilly13 Posts: 79Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    My mom bought the shampoo and conditioner for my little sister. I haven't been using a proper rinse-out lately - I have been alternating between just using some of my co-wash, and using some of my deep conditioner - but when I saw this in the shower I could resist trying some.

I actually was really impressed with the conditioner! When I rinsed it out with cool/lukewarm water, my hair felt soooooo much softer than it usually does. I don't really have tangles (I have fine hair) but it gave me a ton of slip. I'm gonna try it another time or two, and then buy my own if I still get such good results!
    2c/3a, fine, high porosity
    curly since 4/2008, CG since 3/27/2016

cowash: as i am coconut cowash
    li: kckt
    styler: kccc, brhg
  • fihefihe Posts: 101Registered Users
    I haven't tried this brand, but I've seen quite a few of their products at my local ShopRite, Harmon, and CVS. I'll have to do some reading to see which of their products would be the most suitable for my hair.
    Check out my new blog:
    My Type 2 Hair
  • ReservechicReservechic Posts: 798Registered Users
    I currently own Maui Moisture's shampoos, hair masks, curl milk, and curl smoothie. Their shampoos all work just about the same. They only slightly differ in scents and ingredients. Their shampoos are the best I have ever used. Also, their hair masks are really awesome. Now, I do use them with heat, so I cannot speak on how they work without heat. The Curl Milk is a pretty decent product. It is not a necessary product that I need to use all the time, so it is not a product that I see myself frequently buying in the future at all. I honestly have never been a huge fan of any curl milks, however, if you have dry hair and are looking for a very creamy leave in to try, then I would recommend checking this one out. However, if you use this in conjunction with the Curl Smoothie, it is best not to be heavy handed or your curls will end up with that sort of producty feel to it. The Curl Smoothie is very moisturizing to my hair, however, during the hottest time of the year, I don't use this product, because it will start to leave my hair with a level of greasiness to it. However, when the weather is cooler, this product is definitely a good styling cream cream to use on a regular basis, if you choose to in your hair. Some people I have seen, have paired it with gel, and it worked out fine. I have never done such, so I can't personally speak on that with my own hair.

Maui Moisture's Curl Milk and Curl Smoothie I find are better alternatives to SM Curl Milk and Curl Enhancing Smoothie, for sure. As, Maui Moisture's Curl Milk and Curl Smoothie absorbs into my hair much quicker, don't leave me with terrible buildup on both my hair and scalp, and I like the smells of them much better too.

The only product from Maui Moisture that I would recommend staying away from are their bottled conditioners, as they contain Alcohol as an ingredient in them, and I know at least with my hair, Alcohol is very drying to my hair.

Overall, Maui Moisture works much better for my hair than Shea Moisture ever did. And, when I catch these products on BOGO (either at my local CVS or Walgreens) I definitely stock up on as much Maui Moisture products as my budget allows.
    Diagnosed with Scalp Eczema 6/2015
    (Don't hair type/loose curl pattern/fine texture/low density/high porosity

Current Regimen (Ayurvedic Based):
    Cleansers- Bobeam Shampoo Bars
    Stylers-Rotate between Camille Rose Naturals Almond Jai Twisting Butter and Camille Rose Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel

I only wear my hair in wash n gos or buns. Also,
    I do not use conditioner on my hair on a weekly basis. And, my hair is A ok with that!
  • VeryAvgVeggieVeryAvgVeggie Posts: 3Registered Users
    I have low porosity hair so usually products with "thick","dense" or "curly" on the label are too heavy for my hair. So I tried their blue line: the Maui Moisture Nourish & Moisture + Coconut Milk shampoo and conditioner and I LOVE it! To me, it's VERY comparable to Shea Moisture lines and almost better than the Low Porosity line that I use.

My hair feels very soft and moisturized with a little slip to detangle while I wash. Usually after air drying, my hair feels tangled, wiry and dry, but it didn't happen with the Maui Moisture N&M + Coconut Milk line. I loved it so much I picked up their Curl Quench + Coconut Oil Curl Smoothie and it's been working wonders on my hair. My hair doesn't dry out by the end of the day and it still retains shine and moisture. I definitely recommend it!!

Would also like to mention that, for me, the curl smoothies is also compatible with EcoStyler gels, especially if you use a good, deep moisturizing oil with the smoothie+gel mix like coconut or avocado.

I've been looking for an alternative to Shea Moisture ever since their advertising scandal and (their even more serious mess up) their possible formula changes. As soon as my Shea Moisture bottles run out, I'll be completely on the Maui Moisture train and will definitely be trying their other lines like the brown Vanilla line and the orange Curl Quench line I see a lot of curlies talk about.

These are also available, sometimes on sale, at CVS as well if you can't find an Ulta.
    20, Lifelong Natural, Plant-Based, Medium/Long Hair
    3B/3C, Low Porosity, Thick and Dense strands
    Oils:
    Jojoba, Argan, Coconut
    Shampoo:
    • Shea Moisture(SM) Baobab/Tea Tree Oils Low Porosity Protein-Free
    • Maui Moisture(MM) Nourish & Moisture + Coconut Milk
    Conditioner:
    • SM Baobab & Tea Tree Oils Low Porosity Protein-Fee
    • MM Nourish & Moisture + Coconut Milk
    Leave In:
    MM Curl Quench + Coconut Oil Curl Smoothie
    Gels:
    EcoStyler: Olive Oil, Argan, Curl & Wave, and Krystal
  • AmylizabethAmylizabeth Posts: 35Registered Users Curl Novice
    I LOVE the coconut milk collection for dry hair! Tried the coconut oil products specifically for curly hair but found them to be a little too heavy for my fine hair.... their deep conditioning treatments are great too :D
    2C/3A mix. Fine hair, and a ton of it.  Blonde balayage.
    Modified Canadian CG.
    Wash: Garnier Whole Blends Legendary Olive, Live Clean Apple Cider Vinegar, Schwarzkopf Colour Freeze 
    CO: Garnier Whole Blends Legendary Olive
    LI: Living Proof Curl Memory
    Styling: LaCoupe Perfect Curls Frizz-free Mousse, Devacurl Wave Maker
    Refresh for 2nd Day: Devacurl Mist-er Right
    Oil: Orofluido Original Elixir (for winter/high humidity.. not CG)

LOTS of scrunching with tshirts.. or the occasional diffusing for big beachy waves !
  • BrittanyMBrittanyM Posts: 991Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    How do their masks compare to Shea Moisture Masques? Has anyone tried both and can compare? I'm interested in branching out to different deep conditioners, but Maui Moisture's masks claim to double as a leave in. I like my masques to be heavy and ultra moisturizing since I rinse 85-95% of it out. The fact that Maui Moisture advertises as both a mask and leave in makes me question the moisturizing factor.
    BrittanyM wrote: »
    How do their masks compare to Shea Moisture Masques? Has anyone tried both and can compare? I'm interested in branching out to different deep conditioners, but Maui Moisture's masks claim to double as a leave in. I like my masques to be heavy and ultra moisturizing since I rinse 85-95% of it out. The fact that Maui Moisture advertises as both a mask and leave in makes me question the moisturizing factor.

I don't use the Shea Moisture line at all anymore, due to their products not agreeing best with my hair overall. I was never super impressed with any Shea Moisture hair mask that I have ever tried, because they just aren't moisturizing enough and don't provide a whole lot of slip. Plus, I wasn't too keen on the smells of them either. When it comes to Maui Moisture's hair masks, they have very pleasant scents to them, no the scents don't linger, and yes, they are very moisturizing and do provide a lot of slip. I have used them both with and without heat, and I liked the effects that it gave my hair. However, for maximum results, Dcing with heat is always best. I have never tried any Maui Moisture hair mask as a leave in, so I can't personally speak on that. However, that is something that you can surely opt to try out for yourself if you'd like.

I would definitely recommend giving Maui Moisture's hair masks a try for sure. Also, this line often is offered on BOGO, which makes it even more affordable. Even though it already is very reasonably priced to begin with, anytime you can catch a BOGO sale on Maui Moisture's products, that definitely makes things even sweeter.

Stylers-Rotate between Camille Rose Naturals Almond Jai Twisting Butter and Camille Rose Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel

I do not use conditioner on my hair on a weekly basis. And, my hair is A ok with that!
  • faithiebee123faithiebee123 Posts: 26Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Oh! I'm so glad I found this thread!! I've been using the (blue) Nourish and Moisture Coconut Milk line for probably about a month-ish. I have I believe I have 2a/b, slightly past shoulder length fine strands, medium density, not sure about porosity hair. Here's my experience/thoughts with Maui Moisture:

I actually got mine at Walgreens. When I saw it on the shelf I thought it was too good to be true but I decided to buy it. Can't hurt to try, right? I was also curious about the Renpure products but this one just caught my eye with the gorgeous packaging. Plus, the Renpure bottles are big and I'm always hesitant to buy big full sized products in case I ended up not liking it. I stopped being able to find the SM fruit fusion line so I had been looking for alternatives anyway. At first I LOVED it! You don't need much. A little goes a long way for both the shampoo and conditioner. The shampoo and conditioner are both pretty thick. Just the shampoo alone was enough to melt the tangles from my hair before I even added the conditioner and finger detangled so I had high hopes for these products. The shampoo is almost sticky? Not sure how to describe it but it kind of has an interesting texture. Plus, it smells like heaven in a bottle. Then, I started noticing my hair wasn't quite moisturized enough. I was experiencing frizz and tangles :( so I reluctantly decided to try the SM coconut and hibiscus line. I went in knowing it might be too much for my hair. That worked great for about 2 weeks, but then it started feeling too heavy in my hair. Too much moisture? Just needed some protein? Not sure. I liked the Maui Moisture products enough to want to revisit it though. I've started using it again. I'm thinking about picking up some of the curl milk from the curl & quench line to see if that helps. I'm still new to the CG method (not following it strictly, I couldn't make cowashing work for me and I use shampoo&conditioner but I am avoiding sulfates and silicones so Maui Moisture was right up my alley to give a try) so I'm still finding a balance and trying to learn what my hair likes and needs. However, if I'm able to find a Maui Moisture product(s) that my hair does well with than I'm all in with this company.
    2a/b fine strands, medium density, possibly medium/high porosity

Current products:
    SM raw shea butter moisture retention shampoo and conditioner 
    LA Looks mega hold gel (the yellow one)
    looking for a leave-in
    Oh! I'm so glad I found this thread!! I've been using the (blue) Nourish and Moisture Coconut Milk line for probably about a month-ish. I have I believe I have 2a/b, slightly past shoulder length fine strands, medium density, not sure about porosity hair. Here's my experience/thoughts with Maui Moisture:

I actually got mine at Walgreens. When I saw it on the shelf I thought it was too good to be true but I decided to buy it. Can't hurt to try, right? I was also curious about the Renpure products but this one just caught my eye with the gorgeous packaging. Plus, the Renpure bottles are big and I'm always hesitant to buy big full sized products in case I ended up not liking it. I stopped being able to find the SM fruit fusion line so I had been looking for alternatives anyway. At first I LOVED it! You don't need much. A little goes a long way for both the shampoo and conditioner. The shampoo and conditioner are both pretty thick. Just the shampoo alone was enough to melt the tangles from my hair before I even added the conditioner and finger detangled so I had high hopes for these products. The shampoo is almost sticky? Not sure how to describe it but it kind of has an interesting texture. Plus, it smells like heaven in a bottle. Then, I started noticing my hair wasn't quite moisturized enough. I was experiencing frizz and tangles :( so I reluctantly decided to try the SM coconut and hibiscus line. I went in knowing it might be too much for my hair. That worked great for about 2 weeks, but then it started feeling too heavy in my hair. Too much moisture? Just needed some protein? Not sure. I liked the Maui Moisture products enough to want to revisit it though. I've started using it again. I'm thinking about picking up some of the curl milk from the curl & quench line to see if that helps. I'm still new to the CG method (not following it strictly, I couldn't make cowashing work for me and I use shampoo&conditioner but I am avoiding sulfates and silicones so Maui Moisture was right up my alley to give a try) so I'm still finding a balance and trying to learn what my hair likes and needs. However, if I'm able to find a Maui Moisture product(s) that my hair does well with than I'm all in with this company.

All of the bottled conditioners that Maui Moisture offers contain Alcohol in them, so that ingredient alone can be very drying to the hair. Their hair masks are alcohol-free, and would be great to start using if you haven't already. Definitely try using one of Maui Moisture's first and then follow that up with one of their hair masks to DC with.

Human hair is made up of 91% protein. Our hair is made up of a tough protein called keratin, so our hair isn't naturally lacking protein, which is why, unless someone has something done to their hair that causes depletion of protein in the hair, only then should a protein treatment or products that contain a high level of protein in them be used towards replenishing vital nutrients to ones hair that have been lost and re-strengthening it.

Wish you all the best with your curly journey!:smile:

• faithiebee123faithiebee123 Posts: 26Registered Users Curl Neophyte

All of the bottled conditioners that Maui Moisture offers contain Alcohol in them, so that ingredient alone can be very drying to the hair. Their hair masks are alcohol-free, and would be great to start using if you haven't already. Definitely try using one of Maui Moisture's first and then follow that up with one of their hair masks to DC with.

Human hair is made up of 91% protein. Our hair is made up of a tough protein called keratin, so our hair isn't naturally lacking protein, which is why, unless someone has something done to their hair that causes depletion of protein in the hair, only then should a protein treatment or products that contain a high level of protein in them be used towards replenishing vital nutrients to ones hair that have been lost and re-strengthening it.

Wish you all the best with your curly journey!:smile:

Interesting! Thanks for chiming in! I just bought the curl milk and one of the dry oil sprays to try. I'm going on vacation but I'll try the hair masks when I get home. Maybe I'll have to start looking for a different product line again though. :(
    2a/b fine strands, medium density, possibly medium/high porosity

Current products:
    SM raw shea butter moisture retention shampoo and conditioner 
    LA Looks mega hold gel (the yellow one)
    looking for a leave-in

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file