We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

How often do you go to get a trim?

jmendoza29jmendoza29 Posts: 21Registered Users
Hey everyone! So when my hair was pretty damaged I was going about every 2-3 months. The last cut was on May 2cnd and I made an appointment for June 25th (I'm growing it out so she trimmed it but some of my hair, mid section, is still very damaged). I have noticed that my hair is starting to look better. I don't really want to go every 2-3 months anymore because my appointments are expensive.

How often do you go to get your hair trimmed/cut?

Comments

• rbbrbb Posts: 4,210Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    everyohe is different. i go about once every 6 months.

if you are getting damaged hair trimmed off, then you might want to go more often. if you are happy with the way your hair is looking, then push it longer. as you get closer to the appt date, you can always move it further.

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:curl junkie conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: curl junkie 
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine
  • Therese1Therese1 Posts: 1,804Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I go every ten weeks. I am growing my hair out--it is now at shoulder length, and I want several more inches. Every time I go, my styist tweaks the layers a bit so that I get more volume. I would ask your stylist what she recommends. I find that when growing hair out, it is good to keep up with regular appointments because it helps the hair look better as it grows.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: As I Am; CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel
    Normal- to low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file