APHogee fail.

ellabearellabear Posts: 3Registered Users
So I had this brilliant idea to go platinum which turned out well but after a touch up gone wrong my hair fried.
Someone suggested aPHogee to me and I tried it
I did the treatment 3 weeks ago and since the moment I rinsed it out my hair is shedding like crazy and it appears to be coming out from the root or close to it. I have heard other people who have had the same problem after using it just wondering what helped? I'd really like to not have all my hair fall out. I've already cut off about 6 inches, a week ago I started taking 3000mcg of bioten and 400 iu of vitamin E.. my hair dresser told me to do hot olive oil treatments once a week and today I added vitamin E to the oil and massaged it into my scalp but thst made alot of hair fall out. so any advice or tips would be great.

Comments

• chickittenchickitten Posts: 90Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    It sounds like the bleach is to blame, overbleached hair is very weak and can be pulled off easily.

Here's a video of an extreme example of overbleaching plus the description of the video is very detailed.

https://youtu.be/a1InTn9JrmA
    :cat:
    2C/3A. med-high porosity. waist length. balayaged. LI - Curl Keeper - G.:duckie:
    My Faves
    [*]S: SM ABS. SM Manuka Honey. Ouidad Superfruit Clarifying[*]Condish: GVP Cond. Balm
    [*]Gel: CURL KEEPER! (alone or under the following:), LA LOOKS Sport/Mega
    [*]Cream: SM CES
    [*]LI: As I Am LI
    [*] PT: Aphogee 2-step (1x Month), ION EC (discont.)
  • ellabearellabear Posts: 3Registered Users
    It was 100% NOT over bleaching
    .. My did not fall out before the treatment

From the second I rinsed the treatment is the second my hair started coming out.
  • chickittenchickitten Posts: 90Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    ellabear wrote: »
    It was 100% NOT over bleaching
    .. My did not fall out before the treatment

From the second I rinsed the treatment is the second my hair started coming out.

I see :(, I'm really sorry you're going through that. What does your current hair routine consist of? Since Aphogee 2-step is a strong protein product, I'd suggest finding protein-free (PF) replacements for all products you are currently using if you haven't already. If you're on the look out for a PF conditioner/leave in,the Generic Value Products Conditioning Balm (Sally Beauty only), Iove to use it as my rinse out and it works great as a leave in too.
    :cat:
    2C/3A. med-high porosity. waist length. balayaged. LI - Curl Keeper - G.:duckie:
    My Faves
    [*]S: SM ABS. SM Manuka Honey. Ouidad Superfruit Clarifying[*]Condish: GVP Cond. Balm
    [*]Gel: CURL KEEPER! (alone or under the following:), LA LOOKS Sport/Mega
    [*]Cream: SM CES
    [*]LI: As I Am LI
    [*] PT: Aphogee 2-step (1x Month), ION EC (discont.)
  • ellabearellabear Posts: 3Registered Users
    Right now my hair routine consists of no heat..
    Evoo and vitamin E hot oil treatments twice a week
    I have only shampooed like twice in the past month and I use live clean apple cider clarifying shampoo
    I'm using Aussie 3 minute miracle 2 times a week when I wash... And my leave in is infusium repair with avocado oil.

I'm switching my leave in to a cowash leave in and adding Castor oil...

My hair is so dry and crunchy and it's thinning

:-(
  • curlisue1curlisue1 Posts: 494Registered Users Curl Novice
    I have had a similar problem after using some products with protein. It's been very difficult to get moisture back into my hair. I use GVP conditioning balm from Sally's. But the thing that has been the most help is rinsing my hair with fermented rice water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file