White film on hair regardless of what I use! Help

CurlyCorCurlyCor Posts: 74Registered Users Curl Neophyte
So lately (as of last week) every product combination I have been using has resulted in white film/specs on my hair once it has dried. All of these products, I have used before with no issues.

These are the combinations:
KCCC with Aussie Instant Freeze=Major noticeable white specs on my hair
CIBU Spring Roll Cream, Curls in a Bottle with AIF= White specs that are noticeable but not major
Curls in a bottle with AIF= White specs
KCCC with CIAB=Specs
CCCC with AIF

Any suggestions as to what could be causing it?
AIF was/is my go to gel and I used it a lot before with no issues. Sigh
2c/3a in the canopy 3b everywhere else ~ Normal to High Porosity~ Fine but A LOT of hair ( So high density?)

Poo: Jason's Dandruff Shampoo/ Elucence Moisuture Benefits
RO: Tresemme Botanique
Styling: CJ Curl Fix as LI, Curling jelly or CJPP or CIAB, Topped with BRHG.
Protein Treatment: Curl Junkie Repair Me

Comments

• Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,563Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Have you tried clarifying? I wonder if the products are reacting to build-up in the hair.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • CurlyCorCurlyCor Posts: 74Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Hmmm good point. I have to wash my hair 2-3 times a week since my heads sweats so much and on one of those washes I use head and shoulders because it helps my SD. I use yes to carrots nourishing on the other washes. I am going to try to wash with head and shoulders tomorrow to see if that is the issue.
    2c/3a in the canopy 3b everywhere else ~ Normal to High Porosity~ Fine but A LOT of hair ( So high density?)

• Curls80Curls80 Posts: 526Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I think lots of people have problems with polyquats, and buildup from polyquats, myself included. I agree regarding the clarifying. Try kinky curly come clean!
    3a/3b high porosity, mainly coarse, medium density
    Live in Canada- hot summers, freezing winters- dry dry dry
    As I am cleansing pudding, soultanicals deep condish, curlsmith cowash, lhdc condish 
    KCCC, curlsmith soufflé, ufdcm, mga sculpting gel 
    Scrunch with hair repear towel, then diffuse or air
    Protein- Cnpf
  • CurlyCorCurlyCor Posts: 74Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    @Therese1 and @Curls80
    Thank y'all so much! I clarified with head and shoulders and used CJ CCCC and AIF and no white specs on my hair at all. I guess it was polyquat build up. Great, another issue with my hair that I have to be careful of LOL

• Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,563Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Yay! I went for a long time with my hair just getting worse and worse, so finally I clarified, and it was amazing! After that, I had to retry all my styling products to see what they actually did, because the build-up had made them so ineffective. Now I make it a point to clarify every time I feel like my hair is not responding the way it should.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file