Trying again... Curl type? and frizz....

wavygirl920wavygirl920 Registered Users Posts: 3
Hey everybody,

I'm giving this whole 'embracing my waves' thing another shot. I've been using CG friendly products for a while now but I haven't really been trying to style my hair consistently. I have a few questions..

First off, and this might be a dumb question but I can't seem to find an answer on the boards, do you figure out curl type on naked hair or with product? My hair (and I'm guessing most people's) is totally different depending on if its dry/wet/naked/producty. I've also attached a picture of my hair how it was today, could someone take a stab at what curl type I am? I think probably 2a/b? This is with AG Recoil and a little gel, after diffusing.

Second, frizz... Can someone give me any tips on how to reduce the frizz I've got going in the 2nd picture? It's pretty much all over the outside of my hair, the underside is pretty good.

Thank you all so much!!

Ruth

Comments

• naturecatnaturecat Registered Users Posts: 1,986 Curl Neophyte
    It looks to be 2a. Though curl will often tighten as you stay CG for longer. People do base curl type off of dry, producted (if that's a word) hair.

As for frizz, perhaps enlightening us on your current routine would help.

3A/f/i
    Super baby fine hair, low porosity
    Shampoos: SM Fruit Fusion (mostly), Avalon lemon (to clarify). Occasional aloe vera and glycerin to wash.
    Stylers: Intelligent Nutrients Perfect Hold Hairspray
    Treatments: Catnip tea, IA girl's PT, Fermented Rice Water, Catnip Tea, Amla tea, Irish Moss, SS PT
  • ExpectoPatronumExpectoPatronum Registered Users Posts: 143
    You look like a 2a to me too!

For curl type, I go by my 'average' so to speak - what my hair usually looks like with my normal products and not much more than some scrunching. With that, my hair is 2c/3a. With some products and techniques, I can coax it more into the 3a and even get some 3b, but since that isn't a usual occurrence for me, I don't count it as my curl type. 2c/3a is my curl type, 3a is my maximum curly potential :P

Do you scrunch or touch your hair at all while it's drying? That can lead to some top layer frizz for me.
    :color: HAIR STATS & ROUTINE :color:
    2c/3a--medium porosity--medium density--medium/coarse
    Cleansers: Shea Moisture Scalp Detox Shampoo, wash ~2x a week
    Conditioners: Cantu Hydrating Cream Conditioner (RO,HG!)
    Stylings: SM Curl and Style Milk (HG), Camille Rose Curl Maker (HG!)
    SOTC: SM Curl and Style Milk
    Oils: Coconut
    Working with waves since April 2015

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file