2b/2c Losing Curls :(

k_kayk_kay Registered Users Posts: 1
Hello! I'm relatively new to naturally curly, and I'm looking for help on my curl regimen.

I have shoulder length, thick/coarse 2b/2c hair with low/medium porosity that gets weighed down very easily. I'd been successfully styling my hair with Organix shampoo and conditioner with Paul Mitchell flexible hold styling mousse for years, and over the past year my hair has been getting limp and losing its curl, and not clumping as well as it used to. I tried the Kinky Curly line for a while and there really wasn't much change.

I'm not sure if I just need to invest in a good deep conditioner or treatment, change my styling product, or my entire routine. I've been trying to do research on all this and I'm just getting frustrated, there's so many products out there! Just looking for any advice to get my curls back, I miss them!

Comments

• MeiMei Registered Users Posts: 259 Curl Neophyte
    Try a sulfate wash (make sure the shampoo has only sulfates, and no parabens or silicones) and then a protein conditioner like Giovanni 2Chic Brazilian Keratin and Argan Oil. You might try a harder hold gel instead of a mousse and diffuse your curls too, then gently scrunch out the crunch with a little bit of leave-in conditioner (such as Alaffia Beauitful Curls) on your hands. Hope this helps. I went through a phase where I didn't have much curl and it was just the wrong products/method.
    Multicultural (Caucasian/Filipina)
    2b/2c - f - iii - low porosity - normal elasticity
    Holy Grail: Matrix Biolage Cleansing Conditioner for Curly Hair
    I rotate through the rest of my products depending on weather and etc but usually don't need them
    I try not to use products tested on animals if I can help it.
    Link: Updated hair picture January 2017
  • BeinDebBeinDeb Registered Users Posts: 583 Curl Connoisseur
    I concur. You could very well need a clarifying wash. If you're not ready to go that far - I do it as a very last resort as it takes my hair a couple of weeks to get over the harshness via deep conditioning treatments - you might try the protein first. If that doesn't help, then go for the clarifying wash. Just be sure to follow up with a good deep conditioner or hair mask.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file