Disastrous Japanese Hair Straightening - Help

elisa_relisa_r Posts: 1Registered Users
Hi Everyone,

I've been a long time lurker but this is my first post. I was stupid enough to try a Japanese Hair Straightening treatment last week and I'm absolutely devastated. I have fine 3A hair that I've been wearing curly forever, but last year I tried 2 agave treatments (which i loved) and was straightening it all the time. So last week, I made a rash decisions and decided to get it straightened permanently. I immediately regret it. My hair feels so rough, and while straight, it's extremely frizzy unless I put some heat on it. I'm so mad that I made such a stupid decision when my hair was fine as it was. The agave usually wore off in 3 months and I was able to wear my hair curly. Now all i have is flat hair rough hair. It was up to my mid back, and I already cut off about 2.5 inches so it's armpit length now.

Has anyone else done this? I don't know what to do. Will my new growth be OK? How long will it take to grow this out? How can I transition without a flat iron if my ends are so frizzy. This is causing me SO much stress. I cannot believe I was so stupid. :cry:

Comments

• CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    Lots of coconut oil should help with the dryness. Grow out is going to depend on how fast your hairs grows. Depending on the condition in a few weeks, if you're still unhappy with it, you could go with a curly perm.
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file