What will my hair look like?

SopottSopott Posts: 42Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Hi all, I'm one of the strange people who never knew they had curly hair! My family is all white, no mixed race, with straight hair of varying colours, they always despaired over my frizzy mess. When I was a kid my mum kept it cut short ( I was often mistaken for a boy) when I was older and growing it I was not allowed at the dinner table or in the kitchen unless it was tied back severely... Then I started working in the food business and again, my hair had to be tied back and shoved under a hat. Long story short, I now 39 years old, changed job, and decided I would like to see what my hair could look like.

I don't think there's a lot of damage, I have some highlights, but I never heat styled my hair, just washed and braided while wet. My hair is abou shoulder length and in the 4 weeks since I started going natural has gone ever more curly. I have gotten loads of compliments for my hair, and I would like to know if I can expect it to stay like this? When will I know what the natural texture etc of my hair?

Another question: it has been 4 weeks since my last trim. In the last week I haven't been able to get the slippy seaweed feel in my hair during the conditioning. Does that mean it's time for another trim already? I have not changed products, should I? I use the cantu Shea butter range.

Thank you for your help
2C/3A
shampoo: Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose
conditioner: Aubrey Organics Island Naturals
leave-in: Shea Moisture Coconut Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie
sealing oil: olive, coconut, avocado
gel: Deva

alternating weeks
protein: Aphogee 2 Minute Reconstructor
moisture: Cantu Deep Treatment Masque

Comments

• MorrisonFan91MorrisonFan91 Posts: 609Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    its possible your hair doesn't like the polyquat10 in that shampoo. can you clarify it?
  • Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,563Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    It sounds like your hair may have some build-up. I would try a different shampoo. A lot of us have more than one shampoo, because almost all products have the capability to build up on the hair.

Congratulations on deciding to work with your natural texture! It's a very interesting journey.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • SopottSopott Posts: 42Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I think the most important thing I learned transitioning so far (2 months) is to just accept my hair. Some days it's curlier than others, some days shinier, etc. I won't worry about what it will look like tomorrow, or in a year and just accept it 😃
    2C/3A
    shampoo: Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose
    conditioner: Aubrey Organics Island Naturals
    leave-in: Shea Moisture Coconut Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie
    sealing oil: olive, coconut, avocado
    gel: Deva

alternating weeks
    protein: Aphogee 2 Minute Reconstructor
    moisture: Cantu Deep Treatment Masque

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji