any wavies use BRHG - tips??

krispykrispy Registered Users Posts: 320
Hi my wavy friends! Do any of you use BRHG (Biosilk Rock hard gelee) and if so what do you use with it to soften the crunch?
Thanks!!
2c/3a

Worrying doesn't take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace

Best combo so far:
SheaMosture Curl and shine milk , Ouidad heat and humidity gel

Comments

• WurlyLoxWurlyLox Registered Users Posts: 4,858 Curl Neophyte
    I used to like and use - it was very big here - but I can no longer find it. I'm told they no longer make it, so if you found some, you may've just lucked up.

I rarely used anything to soften the crunch. As long as I made sure it was bone dry before scrunching it out (as I always try to do anyway - frizzy, ill-formed, weak curls if I don't), I could start gently massaging/scrunching at the scalp to start loosening it then flip upside down and keep scrunching until it was soft and no longer wet-looking.

I did find that if I was unable to let it really dry, a little CHS Tweek helped scrunch out the crunch in a pinch, but it didn't work as well. I seem to recall others using a touch of a curl cream or similar product - we're talking very little, maybe about a pea-sized amount rubbed between your hands and then scrunch . . . HTH.
    2C/3A/3B - modified CG - fairly fine now, normal/low porosity/normal elasticity

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated or Aim2Health 'poos for scalp, Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite,CJ Pattern Pusha,, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing w/360o diffuser then clips/clamps & air dry. Newly gray - stopped my henna glosses!

www.fotki.com/auntnett
  • naturecatnaturecat Registered Users Posts: 1,986 Curl Neophyte
    If BRHG was discontinued, that's news to me. I heard rumors about it, but what I heard simply is that stores don't carry it as much and you may have to order it online. Though I found mine at Ulta. I didn't use it much in the past, as I felt it made my hair greasy and pulled out curl. It didn't make my hair crunchy at all. So I'm pretty much useless to this thread, heh. But am curious to try it again with shorter hair. I was using soft hold products to diffuse with but wanted to put something with more hold on over that.

3A/f/i
    Super baby fine hair, low porosity
    Shampoos: SM Fruit Fusion (mostly), Avalon lemon (to clarify). Occasional aloe vera and glycerin to wash.
    Stylers: Intelligent Nutrients Perfect Hold Hairspray
    Treatments: Catnip tea, IA girl's PT, Fermented Rice Water, Catnip Tea, Amla tea, Irish Moss, SS PT
  • curlynccurlync Registered Users Posts: 219 Curl Neophyte
    It hasn't been discontinued, thankfully. I bought mine at Ulta in store last time, and just ordered it through Ulta's website the other day because I'm too lazy to go to the actual store this time :) As WurlyLox stated, I just make sure my hair is completely dry before I scrunch out the crunch. It scrunches out of the length just fine, and closer to the roots, I just have to get my fingers in there a bit more to break the cast close to my scalp.
    2c/3a
    Porosity: low at roots; normal mid-shaft; high at ends
    Texture: mix of medium & coarse
    Density: medium

Low-Poo: Jessicurl Gentle Lather; CJ Gentle Cleansing
    RO: GVP Conditioning Balm; Innersense Color Radiance
    Stylers: MT Curly Custard; CHS Curl Keeper; UFD Curly Magic; Innersense I Create Volume

Occasional use: CJ Repair Me; Elucence Volume Clarifying Shampoo

CG (or mod CG since I low-poo?) since June 2015

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file