Conditioner for 2 1/2 year old

NWwavyNWwavy Posts: 3Registered Users
I'm looking for a new conditioner to use for co-washing my 2 1/2 year old boy's curly hair. I'm currently using one of the California Baby ones, but I don't really care for the way it smells! :-D

His hair is pretty fine, and I think a heavy conditioner would weigh it down. So I'm looking for something on the lighter side.

I'm considering:
Carol's Daughter Hair Milk
Curly Q's
Blended Cutie (definitely looks marketed more to girls! Which is fine :-D )
Tiny Twirls
Original Sprout
Shea Moisture Kids

Too many choices! Anyone think one of these would be particularly good?

I'll post some pictures of his hair as soon as I can!

Thanks

Comments

• joslin2005joslin2005 Posts: 43Registered Users
    His curls are so cute! I haven't tried this yet but Mop Top has a line for kids called Fuzzy Ducks. They just recently had a sell on it which made the shampoo $5 and I missed it. I was wanting to try it on both my daughters. I decided to switch them to CG approved items so I just recently bought the Suave Essentials Coconut. It was a whole whopping $0.95 for the shampoo or conditioner. I try to stay with natural products but I was in a pinch and went ahead and got this until I can order some online. I haven't got a chance to look at the ingredient list but I know this one is CG approved. But I was pleasantly surprised with how soft and shiny it made my girls' hair. It was real thin and didn't seem to weigh their hair down. Cantu also has a line for kids. I've never tried the Cantu so not sure if it's heavy and don't know how the kids line will be either. I have been using the Mop Top which isn't heavy so I'm assuming the FuzzyDucks won't be but like I said, haven't tried it yet.
    Curl Pattern: 2B/2C ( I think), LP, high density, coarse
    I'm experimenting with the following....
    Shampoo: Mop Top gentle shampoo, Mop Top clarifying rescue treatment
    Conditioner: Mop Top Daily Conditioner
    Leave in: As I am, KKKT
    Gel: Kinky Curly Custard, Cantu define and shine custard
    Refresher: Geranium Refresher Spray (2c distilled water+5 drops of geranium essential oil), DIY spray gel (1 T Mop Top custard + 1 oz distilled water)
  • JD.GameAccouJD.GameAccou Posts: 46Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I have very fine hair and I actually use kids conditioner. Its the only thing I've found that isn't too heavy.
    Its available at Target, its called SoCozy Boing Sweet Crème Curl Conditioner
    - Rose

2B/C wavy, fine, high porosity hair

Mod-CG
    Poo: Renpure Bamboo Coconut Water Shampoo
    Condish - SoCozy Boing Sweet Crème Curl Conditioner
    Leave in- KCKT, JM Organics Citrus/Neroli Detangler
    Curl Cream: CJ Coffee-Coco Curl Creme-Lite
    Gel: *searching*
    PT: CJ Repair Me, Gelatin
    Pre-Poo/Overnight: Aloe, Jojoba & Tea Tree Oil Mix
    Clarifying: Redken Cleansing Cream Shampoo

*Allergic to Devacurl and Herbal Essences