spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Registered Users Posts: 17,898 Curl Virtuoso
wow only 57:(

Comments

• PerriPPerriP Registered Users Posts: 6,613 Curl Neophyte
    I just came here to post this.
    So sad

~ sent with love and good intentions ~
    Modified CG since Dec 2011
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian CanadaRegistered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 10,904 Curl Connoisseur
    So sad :cry:

I'm reading rumors of AIDS and he stopped medication because he was a Jehovah Witness :(
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Registered Users Posts: 12,231 Curl Connoisseur
    Musical genius. RIP dear Prince.
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 20,731 Curl Virtuoso
    And I am broken hearted.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • multicultcurlymulticultcurly Registered Users Posts: 5,136 Curl Connoisseur
    Does anyone know what he died of? I'm in shock. He was a creative and musical genius who will be missed.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CurlTalk App
    3b/c, medium-coarse, low porosity, high density
    HG: Jessicurl Too Shea and Kinky Curly Curling Custard
    Shampoo: nonsulfate shampoo and Suave Naturals sulfate shampoo when needed
  • claudine191claudine191 Registered Users Posts: 8,221 Curl Connoisseur
  • Curlista93Curlista93 Registered Users Posts: 411 Curl Novice
    This is a lie right? This is like MJ

Kinky Curly, 4a, Fine Texture 
    Last Relaxer: 2/11/2012
    Latest BC: 11/24/2018

• CatitudeBooCatitudeBoo Registered Users Posts: 590 Curl Connoisseur
    Wow. I heard about this literally five minutes ago.

RIP Prince. A true and irreplaceable legend :(
    CG since Dec. 2013  B)
    3b/c ~ fine ~ high porosity ~ low density
    No-Poo: SheaMoisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Shampoo 
    RO: Tresemme Botanique Nourish & Replenish Conditioner 
    Stylers: Tresemme Flawless Curls Mousse & Extra Hold Hairspray 

• rouquinnerouquinne Registered Users Posts: 13,737 Curl Connoisseur
    he had the flu....

:angry7:

it's a terrible loss for the music world.
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • StarmieStarmie Registered Users Posts: 7,170 Curl Virtuoso
    They said on the news here that it may have been an incompatible mix of anti-convulsants and flu meds.

57 is so young, very sad.
    3b in South Australia.
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian CanadaRegistered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 10,904 Curl Connoisseur
    Starmie wrote: »
    They said on the news here that it may have been an incompatible mix of anti-convulsants and flu meds.

I heard this morning when he went into the hospital whatever drug he was given, then wanted to monitor him for 24hrs. They didn't have a private room available though, so he left after 3.
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • chupiechupie Registered Users Posts: 5,280 Curl Connoisseur
    I still simply cannot process this. At all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy8bclCLgER5N_uVYSYZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Scottsdale, AZRegistered Users Posts: 9,777 Curl Virtuoso
    The latest news I heard was an overdose on Percocet.
    It will be nice when we know for sure.
    I have always been a big fan of his. 5'2" of sexy, genius. "When Doves Cry" was always my favorite.
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • JosephineJosephine Registered Users Posts: 14,408 Curl Connoisseur
    Starmie wrote: »

I heard this morning when he went into the hospital whatever drug he was given, then wanted to monitor him for 24hrs. They didn't have a private room available though, so he left after 3.

This is crazy.
    It is indeed.
    3b in South Australia.
  • curlyannie80curlyannie80 Registered Users Posts: 334 Curl Neophyte
    He died of the flu... It's so sad, he was a legend. Rest in peace, Prince

Sent from my XT1254 using CurlTalk App
    So sad watching the news & social media and people discussing his cause of death. It's no ones business but his families, I wish people would stop speculating :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Audrey Hepburn
    It's always the same - I can understand the initial curiosity when someone dies young and unexpectedly, but it often then takes centre stage when it shouldn't matter.
    3b in South Australia.
    Maybe it's wrong but it's normal to wonder why someone with Prince's wealth and who appeared to be in good health would suddenly die. I saw him in an interview a year or year and a half ago and he looked perfectly healthy. It's a shock and a reminder that any of us could die at any time.

• spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Registered Users Posts: 17,898 Curl Virtuoso
    Maybe it's wrong but it's normal to wonder why someone with Prince's wealth and who appeared to be in good health would suddenly die. I saw him in an interview a year or year and a half ago and he looked perfectly healthy. It's a shock and a reminder that any of us could die at any time.

African American men still have a much shortened lifespan and continue to experience health disparities in a number of areas; some illnesses that aren't usually fatal for White Americans are for African Americans. (I'm sure you know this; I'm just putting it out there.)

African American men still have a much shortened lifespan and continue to experience health disparities in a number of areas; some illnesses that aren't usually fatal for White Americans are for African Americans. (I'm sure you know this; I'm just putting it out there.)

I get that. I just don't think Prince would be living the lifestyle of most middle-class and inner city African American men. Also, he may have some immunity and habits that differ from many African American men based on having a white mother. And considering his wealth, he would have access to medical care and nutritional advice that most of us don't have. However it seems he just had a severely weak immune system.

I get that. I just don't think Prince would be living the lifestyle of most middle-class and inner city African American men. Also, he may have some immunity and habits that differ from many African American men based on having a white mother. And considering his wealth, he would have access to medical care and nutritional advice that most of us don't have. However it seems he just had a severely weak immune system.

Prince's mother isn't White. He started out telling ppl that but it isn't true. Both of his parents are Black.

I don't think his being first generation wealthy would have changed much about his health.
    Oh ok. I guess there is a lot of misinformation out there. I can see wealth not having an effect on your genes but that is pretty sad if you're still eating horribly and not taking advantage of the health care wealth affords you, especially if some of your livelihood is based on your looks. That's just my opinion.

• JosephineJosephine Registered Users Posts: 14,408 Curl Connoisseur
    Oh ok. I guess there is a lot of misinformation out there. I can see wealth not having an effect on your genes but that is pretty sad if you're still eating horribly and not taking advantage of the health care wealth affords you, especially if some of your livelihood is based on your looks. That's just my opinion.

I think the point SL was trying to make was even if you do all these things some people are just genetically not going to live as long as others. Also even if he didn't have a weak immune system, he's not that young and has been on tour and stressing his body a lot as well. A lot of people his age are not as active as he is.
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Scottsdale, AZRegistered Users Posts: 9,777 Curl Virtuoso
    I'm surprised he didn't have a will.
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
    Josephine wrote: »

I think the point SL was trying to make was even if you do all these things some people are just genetically not going to live as long as others. Also even if he didn't have a weak immune system, he's not that young and has been on tour and stressing his body a lot as well. A lot of people his age are not as active as he is.

I get that about the genes, which I mentioned. I guess I just disagree. Most 57 year-old people in the US who reach a certain income level don't usually die suddenly, unless they have a chronic illness, which it seems like he didn't. 57 isn't young, but it's middle-aged. Being on some decent shape and health is expected. It wasn't like he was a chain-smoking 70 year-old.

I looked him up today and learned he was a Jehovah's Witness. Not sure if that religion has strict rules about food and other things.

I'm surprised he didn't have a will either. Apparently he gave a lot of money away to charity throughout his life. He seemed to be a really interesting and awesome person.

Josephine wrote: »

I get that about the genes, which I mentioned. I guess I just disagree. Most 57 year-old people in the US who reach a certain income level don't usually die suddenly, unless they have a chronic illness, which it seems like he didn't. 57 isn't young, but it's middle-aged. Being on some decent shape and health is expected. It wasn't like he was a chain-smoking 70 year-old.

I looked him up today and learned he was a Jehovah's Witness. Not sure if that religion has strict rules about food and other things.

I'm surprised he didn't have a will either. Apparently he gave a lot of money away to charity throughout his life. He seemed to be a really interesting and awesome person.

Prince was about to turn 58. For a White woman, 58 is middle aged. But for a Black man, it's considerably older.

And it's a bit of a myth that eating a certain way guarantees health. Other factors like family history, stress, undiagnosed conditions factor in, too. My very middle class, educated father has been a semi-vegetable since age 56. And his very wealthy doctor brother dropped dead at 54.

How old were Michael Jackson, Marvin Gaye, Nat King Cole, Jimi Hendrix, Otis Redding, Barry White, Sam Cooke, Tupac, Biggie, Donny Hathaway, etc. when they died? All well under age 60. Yes, we have a few who make it to their 70s (Ray Charles, James Brown) but not many.

We don't know what Prince's life was really like. A few marriages ended, a few babies died, a lot of stress, a lot of partying, who knows.

But gosh, it really was too soon :angry7:
  • claudine191claudine191 Registered Users Posts: 8,221 Curl Connoisseur
    It's such a loss for the world. Like the world is lessened in quality by his absence.
  • CatitudeBooCatitudeBoo Registered Users Posts: 590 Curl Connoisseur
    A farmer in North Dakota plowed the Prince symbol onto his farm to commemorate his memory, pretty cool.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/north-dakota-man-plows-princes-symbol-farm-field-012510267.html
    CG since Dec. 2013  B)
    3b/c ~ fine ~ high porosity ~ low density
    No-Poo: SheaMoisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Shampoo 
    RO: Tresemme Botanique Nourish & Replenish Conditioner 
    Stylers: Tresemme Flawless Curls Mousse & Extra Hold Hairspray 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file