Heat Damage or Hair Type?

ExtracelestialExtracelestial Registered Users Posts: 4
Hey guys,

So I have been doing the slow transition for about a year and a half. Once the relaxer started growing out I would get my hair blown out once a week for maybe three months to help with tangling from the difference in texture. Each week I got a bit cut off which turned into once every other week, which turned into once a month, etc. I tried to keep my hair at shoulder length the whole time so it made things take a bit longer than usual. I am now almost completely relaxer free. There is one part of my hair that has straight ends which will be cut out at my next hair appointment.

My question is now that my true hair is showing itself, I am completely confused about my hair pattern. I have attached some pictures of my hair dry with no product. I have most of my hair that is clearly defined, and another part that's just... fluffy and straight?? When I put product in it it does get more definition/wave/maybe even a kink or two, but when wet or dry without product is just looks like straight frizzy hair. Is that 4C? Is that heat damage? What is going on exactly? And yes, it is like that to the root, which leads me to believe that's how my hair just is. Any suggestions or advice would be much appreciated. It's the front of my hair, so it makes wearing my hair out nearly impossible because the texture is so different even if I try to twist it. Would love to know if there is something I can do to fix it. I've also read that it could be a lack of protein??

Bonus question- what is my hair type?! I have figured out that I am a mix of low and normal porosity (which has GREATLY helped in product selection), but would love to know my curl pattern. I'm thinking 4b? I don' know if you can tell from the photo, but I have ringlet curls as well as zig zags, but the ringlets are fairly small, is that still 4b or a 4a/4b mix?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Comments

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file