Lost Newbie finally attempting to embrace the curl (Advice plz?)

MixedUpMuttMixedUpMutt Posts: 2Registered Users
So basically I've spent years flat ironing, keratin shampoo straightening, and getting blow outs. Its come back to bite me in the butt. :crybaby: I want to have my natural hair back unfortunately it's a mixed up mess. I'll post a picture of the three strands of hair one might find on my head and maybe some kind generous soul can help me. My hair was already naturally confusing (I'm Scottish/Lakota/Roma/French Jewish. NOT A GOOD HAIR MIX in my case) and all of my bad choices have made it worse.
It's mostly a combo of 2c/3a fine waist length, high porosity, with medium density and low/medium elasticity but my tangles and frizz honestly leave me in tears sometimes and I'm no tenderhead. My cousin who has beautiful 3c hair is at a loss as how to help me anymore.
I stopped using all heat and straightening products over a year ago. Also I'm using a coconut cowash, coconut water shampoo (as needed), argan oil treatments once a week, silk elements cholesterol, and mystic divine lotion. This is just enough moisturizing for my hair to work for 1 day, however day 2 its horrible again but the more I wash my hair the drier and dreadier it gets and the more product I look like a female Snape wannabe.
I've tried plopping which helped preserve the curl more and define my waves but it was a tangled ball in the 1 hr I had it up and only partially dry. I'm just very frustrated. Help?
Hair Characteristics:
Hair Density: medium
Hair Porosity: High
Hair Elasticity: low/med
Hair Texture: Mostly fine textured, with some areas that are med. textured
Hair Length: waist
Hair Pattern: 2c/3a
(Diagnosed with Scalp Eczema & possible autoimmune condition)

Comments

• MorrisonFan91MorrisonFan91 Posts: 609Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    hi, and welcome :) .

very sorry to hear of your health struggles.
    i might suggest double-checking products using to make sure they don't have polyquats or cones which might aggravate them.
    since those 2 kinds of ingredients can form buildup on scalp for some folks.( for me they doalot i have learned)

what is the current weather like where you are? if we know that,we can help abit more i think :)
  • MixedUpMuttMixedUpMutt Posts: 2Registered Users
    Thank you MorrisonFan91!
    I'll look into the polyquats and cones business, I do get a lot of build up often but when it gets really bad I straight wash my scalp with vinegar like my grandma taught me and it seems to help a lot. Unfortunately I'm currently in the Sonoran desert and we are most likely going to have a very dry very hot early summer this year. I've lived in other places with humidity and honestly my hair was certainly poofier/puffy/ voluminous? (:lol:) and larger there but I'd take it over this dry mess any day.
    Hair Characteristics:
    Hair Density: medium
    Hair Porosity: High
    Hair Elasticity: low/med
    Hair Texture: Mostly fine textured, with some areas that are med. textured
    Hair Length: waist
    Hair Pattern: 2c/3a
    (Diagnosed with Scalp Eczema & possible autoimmune condition)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file