Hair Breakage issue

jordyx3jordyx3 Registered Users Posts: 2
I big chopped on Dec 2015 after transitioning for about 7 or 8 months, my hair was doing fine at first but now it's experiencing breakage.Massive breakage, on wash days even if i just touch my hair i end up with a bunch of broken pieces on my hands. I wash my hair once a week and always deep condition, so could it be moisture overload? Also I twist my hair on wash days, and I do not retwist until wash day again.I made a shea butter mix a while back and I've noticed that the breakage began from that point on, could that be a possibiliy? I used all naturals oils and it made my hair feel and look amazing. One problem that I do have is that I touch my hair a lot.

I would also like to know my curl type?I'm always confused about it.

Thanks so much for your help !!! :)

Comments

• adthomasadthomas Registered Users Posts: 5,525 Curl Neophyte
    I think you will have to add and subtract things in your regimen to see. Breakage can be caused by a lot of things including your detangling methods. Listen to your hair. Mine tells me when moisture protein balance is off. How do you moisturize between washing? Remember too some breakage is normal. You're never going to eliminate it.
    Yes, it's real. No, you can't touch it. :wav:
  • AquarielleAquarielle Registered Users Posts: 64
    adthomas wrote: »
    I think you will have to add and subtract things in your regimen to see. Breakage can be caused by a lot of things including your detangling methods. Listen to your hair. Mine tells me when moisture protein balance is off. How do you moisturize between washing? Remember too some breakage is normal. You're never going to eliminate it.

Ditto. + that excessive hair touching is real. When I touched mine a lot subconsciously, I sometimes didn't notice until I saw a patch about to form.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file