Type 2s and Layers?

RafterBatRafterBat Registered Users Posts: 182 Curl Novice
The Deva Cut I had in November was quite blunt, and I went to a local non-curly stylist and had a few layers added last month. I'm not sure if the layers are helping or inhibiting my ropy 2c wave/curls, and am debating whether to bob it off or add more layers. Thoughts?

I'll try to add photos for reference, but am a technidiot:

(Hmmm, now that I'm looking at myself from an outside perspective, my hair really isn't holding curl throughout the day! May need to revise self-assessment to 2b!)
2c, coarse, low elasticity, medium/high density; varied porosity, protein- and coconut-sensitive
CJ Daily Fix and Smoothing Conditioner; then Beauticurls and Pattern Pusha
For a deeper clean once a week, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle shampoo and conditioner 

Comments

• curlypearlcurlypearl Registered Users Posts: 12,231 Curl Connoisseur
    LOL I'm also a technidiot :smile:

Could you do both? Cut off some and add a few layers? If curly hair isn't layered it tends to poof out completely into an unflattering triangle.

I think either/or would depend on your face shape. If your face is round or square you might like to keep the length. If it is long or heart shape or inverted triangle (wide at the forehead and pointy at the chin), you may want to keep the length shorter to add width to the more narrow areas.

If this is confusing, try googling "best earrings for face shape." You'll find lots of info on face shape and it is applicable to hair style.
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • claudine191claudine191 Registered Users Posts: 8,221 Curl Connoisseur
  • RafterBatRafterBat Registered Users Posts: 182 Curl Novice
    Thank you! After 40+ years of self-criticism over my "unmanageable" mop that was so different from my family's straight "normal" hair, it really helps to hear that. This accepting-my-own-gifts thing is a process. :)
    2c, coarse, low elasticity, medium/high density; varied porosity, protein- and coconut-sensitive
    CJ Daily Fix and Smoothing Conditioner; then Beauticurls and Pattern Pusha
    For a deeper clean once a week, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle shampoo and conditioner 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file