April Hits And Misses

adthomasadthomas Posts: 5,525Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Hi. I am trying out the many sample and full size products I got from hair show.

SM Weightless Deep Conditioner - A Hit and Miss because was good for cowash but not so good a DC until I added some ingredients. Same thing I have always had to do with SM dc's. I actually love the DC once I put in honey and my Ayurvedic powders.

SM 10 and 1 shampoo- Miss
Never really loved SM shampoos. The only one I sort of like is the restorative.
Yes, it's real. No, you can't touch it. :wav:

Comments

• Curlista93Curlista93 Posts: 398Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I've been wanting to try the fruit fusion line for a while now.
    4a/3c, Low Porosity, Fine Texture
  • adthomasadthomas Posts: 5,525Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Is that the 10 and 1? If so I was given some sample of the shampoo and conditioner. Didn't like the shampoo. Decided to bypass the conditioner. About to pawn this off on my cousins.
  • Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,065Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I tried the 10-in-1 conditioner. It made my hair dry and coated. I gave it away. It actually made me afraid to try SM again. But I did and found a HG--the Yucca and Plantain poo and condish. But the 10-in-1 was a huge fail for me.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • Curlista93Curlista93 Posts: 398Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    The fruit fusion is the one you talked about in the original post right? The coconut water one. I have fine hair so I've been wanting to try that. Does it smell nice?
    4a/3c, Low Porosity, Fine Texture
    Ok. The 10 and 1 is super fruit and the weightless is the fruit fusion. It all Confuses me.

The weightless fruit fusion DC I liked once I boosted it. The 10 and 1 super fruit shampoo I disliked. I think the weightless does better for me because it's coconut water instead of coconut oil. My hair dislikes
    most SM products or will only tolerate a small amount
    Miss - Used a sample of the SM 10 and 1 hair mask. Nope.

Miss - True Leave In and True Curl Cream. I've decided to mail the leave in to my cousin because my hair is super picky about leave ins. The CC I'm going to try to experiment with. Honestly, it made my hair too greasy so maybe I will use it like the SMCES and apply only to my ends.
  • ttoosdayttoosday Posts: 507Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    A miss for me was SM souffle stuff. Took it right back to the store. It was too gunky and I was barely using residue from the top of the stuff!
    CG since 11/2014
    Mostly 2B, but ranges A-C front to back and root to tip
    Low density, very coarse, high porosity
    Collarbone length, gray dyed brown, dry and rough
    Typical LEG routine could be any combination of:
    Lo poo: Shea Moisture brand shampoo, Ion Hard Water Shampoo
    Cowash: As I Am Coc Cowash
    RO: GVP CB, Aussie Mega Moist, Not Your Mothers Gardenia
    Leave In: As I Am LI, KCKT, or Not Your Mothers Gardenia
    Enhancer: Camille Rose Curl Maker
    Deep condition: SM Deep Treat Mask
    Protein: Hask Keratin
    Styler: Curl Keeper Original, Ouidad Climate Control gel, LA Looks gel
    Miss - Jane Carter Curling Cream
    I don't hate it but I don't think this stuff is worth the price. I had to take my twists out after one day because they were so frizzy. My hair is still frizzy but I don't mind a frizzy fro look so much. I will say my hair is very moisturized. I do like that it's light because my hair doesn't like butters. But will just order my regular curl cream which is one third the price and works as well if not better.
    Hit - Aunt Jackie's Flaxseed Cowash

Picked this up since I like the gel. Works pretty well at getting my hair clean. I conditioned after but think I need to DC to get my moisture back right unlike when I cowash with Tresemme. This I may try to do instead of weekly shampoo then try to shampoo once a month.
    Hit- Going back to my homemade FSG. My twists and later twist outs look amazing.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file