Confused low porosity 3c here

acydroseacydrose Registered Users Posts: 17
Hello everyone! I've been a natural for years but just recently started taking into account my hair porosity:angry7:, which is low and I think this is why different products don't seem to be working well on my hair. After reading different posts on hair porosity I still don't quite understand which ingredients/products I should be reaching for. I'm trying to keep my hair moisturized and a bit softer than its been lately.

I've tried these products lately:
Ogx Moroccan Curling Perfection Defining Cream

Redken Real control crema care

Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie and CoWash (the smoothie works well but doesn't give much hold)

Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Strengthen, Grow & Restore leave in and styling lotion

Shea Moisture Yucca & Plantain Anti-Breakage Strengthening Masque

So neither of these products work amazingly well, some give a little hold but not enough or not at all unless I slather on a crazy amount of produYucca & Plantain Anti-Breakage Strengthening Masque. The Yucca and Plantain mask doesn't seem to penetrate my hair well although its a good detangler. I do use some of these together, like the Jamaican Black Castor leave in with curl enhancing smoothie, I'm not sure that this helps either.

Any and all help is appreciated! Thanks.
~acydrose
3b-3c from Puerto Rico

Comments

• MalikaiUniqueMalikaiUnique Registered Users Posts: 2
    If hold is the only thing you're looking for (that is to say you feel like the jamaican black castor oil leave in and the curl enhancing smoothie give you enough moisture and definition) why don't you try adding a gel? I personally use eco styler olive oil gel. It's pretty cheap and you can get it a lot of places.
  • bellsandbowsbellsandbows Registered Users Posts: 9
    I would try tea tree tingle , Aussie or something by Giovanni. I've used the first two and they worked very nicely. The hard part is finding a product that doesn't just sit on your hair (which tends to happen alot) Aussie is a good penetrating conditioner. If needed, try to warm up your conditioners before you use them. I find myself having to do that often. If you need hold try Eco styler or Miss Jessie's.
    Type: 3C/3B
    Porosity: Low
    Width: Fine
    Length: BSL (maybe)

Nothing but Love for the No poo method, low maintenance routine, and the Ayurvedic method! :angel7:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file