Face framing pieces with 3a hair

sarahisarahi Registered Users Posts: 55
Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if you thought face framing pieces is something that worked with 3a hair. I have a curl in the very front that is about an inch shorter than the rest of my hair on my top layer. That piece of hair seems to get extra spirally (not in a good way). I've been clumping it with the curls next to it, in order to hide it, but I am considering cutting the hair on the opposite side the same length, and adding some face framing pieces in order for it to blend. I am trying to grow my hair out, as I big chopped 3 months ago in order to remove my color damaged hair. My hair is currently armpit length when stretched, and between armpit length and collar bone when curly. Should I just leave that piece alone and wait for it to grow to a length I'm more comfortable with, and then cut the opposite of my hair to match, or take the plunge and just add the face framing pieces. I'm tiered of having to manipulate my hair by finger twirling the front pieces in order for it to look symmetrical. Does anyone have any face framing pieces? Does it work with 3a hair?

Thanks in advance!
3A/3B - Fine - Medium Density
Porosity ~ Medium/High
Shampoo-SMJBCO
Cowash-As I Am Coconut Co-wash
LOC: KCKT-Almond Oil-Devacurl Styling Cream-KCCC
Hair length - APL
Short term goal: BSL
Long term goal:Waist Length

Comments

• sarahisarahi Registered Users Posts: 55
    Just an update: I did end up giving myself a face frame. While I'm not happy with the length of the hair framing my face, it doesn't look bad, and its now all even. I think it'll grow out very nicely.
    3A/3B - Fine - Medium Density
    Porosity ~ Medium/High
    Shampoo-SMJBCO
    Cowash-As I Am Coconut Co-wash
    LOC: KCKT-Almond Oil-Devacurl Styling Cream-KCCC
    Hair length - APL
    Short term goal: BSL
    Long term goal:Waist Length

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights