Garnier Whole Blends?

GroovyEyeGroovyEye Posts: 52Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Hi everyone,

I am curious to try this new line of conditioners, but they have several that could be good for my curls, but I am not sure which to pick. They have a coconut milk one, a cocoa butter/coconut oil one, a shea/avocado one and a honey one. Has anyone tried them? Which is your favorite?
* 3B curls, thick/coarse, low porosity, and high density *
Co-wash: Garnier Triple Nutrition or Herbal Essence Color Me Happy or Herbal Essence Hydralicious Self-Targeting or Suave Professionals Almond & Shea Butter - Detangler: The Wet Brush - Leave-in: Giovanni Direct - Styling cream: Eden Bodyworks Coconut All Natural Curl Defining Cream - Styling gel: Jessicurl Spiralicious - Extra shine: The Body Shop Beautifying Oil in Mango or Coconut - Color: Pravana Vivids in Too Cute Coral

Comments

• Princesa7Princesa7 Posts: 59Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I have the Honey Treasures repairing hair mask and love it!!!!!! I've used it 3x now and it really makes my hair feel nice,soft and moisturized/nourished without feeling weighed down...the scent is sweet but nice and light.
    3b but with a mix of 3a/3c
    Fine/med texture
    Normal/low porosity

**Hair product junkie!!**

Current favorites..

*Shampoo & Conditioner-SM Coconut & Hibiscus Curl and Shine

*Leave In-Mixed Chicks & SM Jamaican Black Castor Oil

*Stylers-SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie & Souffle,Cantu Come Back Curl,SM Coconut and hibiscus styling milk
  • GroovyEyeGroovyEye Posts: 52Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Princesa7 wrote: »
    I have the Honey Treasures repairing hair mask and love it!!!!!! I've used it 3x now and it really makes my hair feel nice,soft and moisturized/nourished without feeling weighed down...the scent is sweet but nice and light.

Well I can vouch for the Coconut Water and Vanilla Milk one. Made my hair so soft!!
    Co-wash: Garnier Triple Nutrition or Herbal Essence Color Me Happy or Herbal Essence Hydralicious Self-Targeting or Suave Professionals Almond & Shea Butter - Detangler: The Wet Brush - Leave-in: Giovanni Direct - Styling cream: Eden Bodyworks Coconut All Natural Curl Defining Cream - Styling gel: Jessicurl Spiralicious - Extra shine: The Body Shop Beautifying Oil in Mango or Coconut - Color: Pravana Vivids in Too Cute Coral

GroovyEye wrote: »
    Princesa7 wrote: »

Well I can vouch for the Coconut Water and Vanilla Milk one. Made my hair so soft!!

Nice!!!! That's the next one I want to try!!!!
    Fine/med texture
    Normal/low porosity

Current favorites..

*Stylers-SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie & Souffle,Cantu Come Back Curl,SM Coconut and hibiscus styling milk
  • Curlista93Curlista93 Posts: 411Registered Users Curl Novice
    Where did you guys get it? I can't seem to find it on the ground.
    Kinky Curly, 4a, Fine Texture 
    Last Relaxer: 2/11/2012
    Latest BC: 11/24/2018

Curlista93 wrote: »
    Where did you guys get it? I can't seem to find it on the ground.

I got mine at Walgreens! But I have seen it at Walmart too.
    Fine/med texture
    Normal/low porosity

Current favorites..

Oh, okay great! I'll try Walgreens!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CurlTalk App

• GroovyEyeGroovyEye Posts: 52Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Got mine at Walmart. :)

• kittyhawkkittyhawk Posts: 2Registered Users
    Hi everyone,

I am curious to try this new line of conditioners, but they have several that could be good for my curls, but I am not sure which to pick. They have a coconut milk one, a cocoa butter/coconut oil one, a shea/avocado one and a honey one. Has anyone tried them? Which is your favorite?

Those of you who have tried it, do you mind that it contains amodimethicone? I've been avoiding silicones, but hearing conflicting reports about whether that's necessary or not.
    kittyhawk wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Those of you who have tried it, do you mind that it contains amodimethicone? I've been avoiding silicones, but hearing conflicting reports about whether that's necessary or not.
    Some peoples hair loves silicones, some people's hates it. My hair doesn't mind cones.

• curlbeautydiarycurlbeautydiary Posts: 17Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Garnier Ultra blends recently launched in India with great combos like Soy milk & almonds, Lavender and Royal Jelly. I can't wait to try them :)
    Indian curly hair blogger@ curlsandbeautydiary.com
    2c/3a
    Cowash /Conditioner: Enliven & Revlon Flex condish
    Moisturiser: Coconut oil, SheaMoisture Reconstructive Elixir
    Styling: FSG, Devacurl Ultra defining gel
    Protein: Gelatin
  • pinkwolfpinkwolf Posts: 430Registered Users Curl Novice
    So far I have tried the Honey Treasures Conditioner , The coconut & cocoa butter leave-in and Apple & Green tea Conditioner. I find the apple one is more of a clarifying co-wash and not as moisturizing as the honey conditioner. Out of these two conditioners the honey treasures is a definite staple :thumpup:

The coconut leave-in is even more moisturizing then my KCKT however the scent is very strong almost nauseating!

I also tried the honey hair mask and it's just ok. I will probably stick to my Shea Moisture Masques.
    *Natural 3C/TWA* :toothy7:
    Wash: BS/ACV, ABS, KC Come Clean
    Conditioner: Garnier WB Honey Treasures
    , Garnier WB Apple & Green Tea
    Pre-Poo: Oils & Honey Mix
    DC: Garnier WB Honey Treasures Mask, SM 10-N-1

PT: Super Mayo Deep Conditioning Treatment
    Styler:
    KCCC
    Leave-In: KCKT
    Moisturizer:
    Whipped Shea Butter
    Oil/Sealant:
    EVCO, Jojoba
  • curlyannie80curlyannie80 Posts: 334Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    At Walmart the other day, I saw an Olive Oil type of the Whole Blends, which had a shampoo, a conditioner, and also a leave in. They caught my eye, because they say 'silicone free' right on the front. So I looked at the ingredients on the leave in, and they looked fantastic. Seriously, I wanted to buy all 3 products right then, but I didn't have enough money. I've been thinking about them ever since lol. So I'll be buying them soon, and I will let you know how they feel.

Sent from my XT1254 using CurlTalk App
    OK, so I went and got the Legendary Olive conditioner, and leave-in. The conditioner is literally the best one I've ever used, I'm not even exaggerating. It's really thick, but still comes out of the bottle easily, the smell isn't overpowering, the slip is insane. It just melted all my tangles away. I'm just getting over the stomach flu, so to say my hair was tangled and dirty is an understatement lol The scent is herbal and natural, and doesn't linger. The leave-in is also really really nice. It has lots of slip, really good ingredients. Both products don't have any silicones either, and glycerin is low on the list. The leave-in is really moisturizing, BUT doesn't weigh down my hair. I actually normally need to use a tiny bit Shea Moisture Smoothie, on the ends, and a couple dry areas, but I didn't today, to see how these products work, and the leave-in has made it so I don't need the smoothie! No dryness, lots of definition, no frizz. I just used my usual gels, which are Jessicurl Spiralicious, topped with LA Looks Sport on top of the LI. So yeah, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND the Whole Blends Legendary Olive line. You need to try this! ETA: both products don't contain any protein, so for me that could eventually become a problem since my hair loves protein, but as long as I do a PT regularly it should be fine. I wanted to add that info for anyone who's concerned with protein, or who needs lots of it, as that could change their opinion on it.

• StephC79StephC79 Posts: 99Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    You made this conditioner sound so amazing I looked into it but unfortunately the UK version has amodimethicone as the 4th ingredient. So disappointed.
    3A with tight ringlet underlayer.
    Mixed porosity, medium texture and density.

Cleaner - Shea Moisture fruit fusion shampoo, Maui Moisture curl quench shampoo, cleansing conditioner.
    Conditioner - L'Oreal Botanicals safflower conditioner.
    P/T - Curl Junkie repair me
    D/T - Shea Moisture manuka honey or fruit fusion mask
    Styling - Paul Mitchell round trip, Paul Mitchell super sculpt glaze, Paul Mitchell sculpting foam.
    How frustrating! Maybe one of the other types will have no silicones in your area?

• MadameKMadameK Posts: 3Registered Users
    oh I cannot stand the smell of that stuff! So overly perfumed. I tried it once but I coulnd't get past the smell.
    Oh wow, I thought the scent was light and not overpowering at all. I've never been too overly sensitive to smells, though, so that could be why.

• StephC79StephC79 Posts: 99Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    How frustrating! Maybe one of the other types will have no silicones in your area?

I've tried a couple that don't have silicones but they weren't moisturising enough. The olive oil one looked much more hydrating. I don't know why they would change formula and name (ours are called Ultimate Blends) for different countries.
    3A with tight ringlet underlayer.
    Mixed porosity, medium texture and density.

Cleaner - Shea Moisture fruit fusion shampoo, Maui Moisture curl quench shampoo, cleansing conditioner.
    Conditioner - L'Oreal Botanicals safflower conditioner.
    P/T - Curl Junkie repair me
    D/T - Shea Moisture manuka honey or fruit fusion mask
    Styling - Paul Mitchell round trip, Paul Mitchell super sculpt glaze, Paul Mitchell sculpting foam.
    So after using the conditioner and LI for a week, washing 3 times, I've discovered that they are actually TOO moisturizing for my hair! My curls were very stretched out and the under layer was nearly straight! So I'm going to rotate it, and use the condish as a DC treatment and idk about the LI. Geeez, if anyone has extremely dry crazy hair, try this stuff.

• pinkwolfpinkwolf Posts: 430Registered Users Curl Novice
    So after using the conditioner and LI for a week, washing 3 times, I've discovered that they are actually TOO moisturizing for my hair! My curls were very stretched out and the under layer was nearly straight! So I'm going to rotate it, and use the condish as a DC treatment and idk about the LI. Geeez, if anyone has extremely dry crazy hair, try this stuff.

Oh thank you so much for the review love and glad you are feeling better. :) I saw the Olive Oil one and wanted to try it. Will have to do just that. The honey conditioner is amazing.
    *Natural 3C/TWA* :toothy7:
    Wash: BS/ACV, ABS, KC Come Clean
    Conditioner: Garnier WB Honey Treasures
    , Garnier WB Apple & Green Tea
    Pre-Poo: Oils & Honey Mix
    DC: Garnier WB Honey Treasures Mask, SM 10-N-1

PT: Super Mayo Deep Conditioning Treatment
    Styler:
    KCCC
    Leave-In: KCKT
    Moisturizer:
    Whipped Shea Butter
    Oil/Sealant:
    EVCO, Jojoba
    Thank you :). Yeah I'm in love with it, but can't use it constantly apparently.. but I really recommend it for those with DRY, dry hair, I think it would be perfect. Let us know if you like it when you try it, too :)

• WavySarebearWavySarebear Posts: 2Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Thank you :). Yeah I'm in love with it, but can't use it constantly apparently.. but I really recommend it for those with DRY, dry hair, I think it would be perfect. Let us know if you like it when you try it, too :)

I've been using the conditioner for about 2 weeks and I am brand new to the curly girl method! I can't tell if it is over moisturizing my hair because I am not sure exactly what my curl pattern is supposed to look like. what do you use that is a little less moisturizing as a conditioner?
  • TrinityzTrinityz Posts: 1Registered Users
    Hey, I wanted to tell you I have about type 2b curls, I use the GARNIER WHOLE BLENDS GREEN APPLE AND GREEN TEA SHAMPOO. Then I use the AUSSIE 3 MINUTE MIRACLE CONDITIONER. They work so well as a combo, I've been using them for about a month now. I will tell you that PANTENE 3 IN 1 SOAP does NOT WORK! As soon as I used it my hair fell out in clumps, that would be why I no longer use it. Just letting you know!

-TRINITY ZAPP
  • DootDoot Posts: 3Registered Users
    At Walmart the other day, I saw an Olive Oil type of the Whole Blends, which had a shampoo, a conditioner, and also a leave in. They caught my eye, because they say 'silicone free' right on the front. So I looked at the ingredients on the leave in, and they looked fantastic. Seriously, I wanted to buy all 3 products right then, but I didn't have enough money. I've been thinking about them ever since lol. So I'll be buying them soon, and I will let you know how they feel.

They are my favorite!!!!!
  • AmylizabethAmylizabeth Posts: 56Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I LOVE the Garnier Whole Blends Olive Oil conditioner... it's super moisturizing and does wonders for detangling.  Best part is that I don't find I need to use a leave-in after it.  Bonus, I find the scent super mild, which is really hard to come by!
    2C Fine, long hair, a ton of it. Blonde balayage. East Coast Canadian. 

Wash: Live Clean Fresh Water Hydrating Shampoo
    Monthly Scalp Cleanse: Baking Soda/Conditioner/Peppermint Essential Oil
    CO: Garnier Whole Blends Legendary Olive Conditioner
    Styling: Devacurl Volumizing Foam, Devacurl Wave Maker, Garnier Curl Treat Jelly
    Refresh Day: Klorane Dry Shampoo with Nettle, Devacurl Supercream
    Deep Condition: Shea Moisture Manuka Honey & Yogurt Treatment

My whole wash routine is upside-down... detangling, rinsing, applying products, scrunching, diffusing... the bigger the waves, the better!  
  • OnduleeOndulee Posts: 1,305Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I find this thread so funny because I've been using the whole blends olive oil conditioner to shave my legs for so long that it never dawned on me to put it in my severely dried out crispy hair! Duh!!! Next wash day it will be used for its intended purpose!!!
    shoulder length bob; fine; 3A-3B; thin density; normal porosity; normal elasticity- my hair loves keratin, ACV, silk protein ,Curlkeeper and AG:Recoil ; needs moisturizing products and hates oils except mineral oil; CG- Jan/'09-mod CG Sept/'09;CG again Jan/'10/mod CG from Mar'10

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file