An hour or 2 out of the shower

machermacher Registered Users Posts: 1,031 Curl Connoisseur
This is my hair about an hour after cleansing and conditioning. No other products. Just Aveda Be Curly Shampoo and Aveda Be Curly Conditioner. When I apply the condish I work it into my hair and then use a wide tooth comb to distribute and detangle then rinse it all out. Aveda Be Curly on the pricey side but since I'm using every 4 days a little goes a long way.

I've tried pretty much every drug store brand out there and to be honest they don't compare to the premium brands.

This has been lasting me about 4 days before I have to cleanse and condition again. What I do between days is spritz my hair with water to 're activate' the condish. No other products. I'm also finding that when I take my time and cleanse and condition well my hair doesn't need any other product such as enhancers or other stylers. I prefer my hair on the wavy side versus curly. If I used stylers my hair would be pretty curly. I like the free flowing wavy hair where I can run my fingers through my hair and actually touch it. Love low maintenance wash and go.

In the morning it takes me about 3 minutes tops to style my hair when I spritz with water.

Will see how this works out when it gets more humid in Philly. I'm thinking that I will probably need to add more moisture with some product but don't want to go over board. I learned to embrace some frizz which I don't mind gives me character. Maybe a drop of the condish in the spritz bottle don't know.

Comments

• MorrisonFan91MorrisonFan91 Registered Users Posts: 609 Curl Connoisseur
    hi, :) .

You have awesome hair i think. am having to grow my curls and waves back out.
  • machermacher Registered Users Posts: 1,031 Curl Connoisseur
    hi, :) .

You have awesome hair i think. am having to grow my curls and waves back out.

Thanks. I don't like my hair too curly but I like it wavy with some body.
  • MeiMei Registered Users Posts: 259 Curl Neophyte
    What's the ingredient list like on your products macher? Price range?
    Multicultural (Caucasian/Filipina)
    2b/2c - f - iii - low porosity - normal elasticity
    Holy Grail: Matrix Biolage Cleansing Conditioner for Curly Hair
    I rotate through the rest of my products depending on weather and etc but usually don't need them
    I try not to use products tested on animals if I can help it.
    Link: Updated hair picture January 2017
  • Therese1Therese1 Registered Users Posts: 2,563 Curl Virtuoso
    That's pretty impressive. I wonder if your hair is lower porosity? I don't think there's any way I could go that long...I have high-porosity hair. I wonder if all your olive oil treatments in the winter made your hair lower porosity (if I remember right, you were doing LOC with olive oil).

I agree that the premium brands cost more, but you get what you pay for. Most of my favorite products are from Intelligent Nutrients, which is a line of very natural products created by the founder of Aveda. They have a price point like Aveda. I always go back to them.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
    Mei wrote: »
    What's the ingredient list like on your products macher? Price range?

Aveda doesn't list all the ingredients on their site. I can try to take a picture of the ingredients on the products.

The shampoo costs $21 for 8.5oz bottle and the conditioner costs $21 for 6.7oz. Both go a long way and for me don't need much.
    Therese1 wrote: »
    That's pretty impressive. I wonder if your hair is lower porosity? I don't think there's any way I could go that long...I have high-porosity hair. I wonder if all your olive oil treatments in the winter made your hair lower porosity (if I remember right, you were doing LOC with olive oil).

I agree that the premium brands cost more, but you get what you pay for. Most of my favorite products are from Intelligent Nutrients, which is a line of very natural products created by the founder of Aveda. They have a price point like Aveda. I always go back to them.

I did LOC in the winter but not too much. My hair is definitely higher porosity. My hair does has a tendency to get dehydrated easily. But so far it hasn't. It's either because of the current weather or the conditioner I'm using. My hair when it's humid likes the humidity so we'll see if this will work as the more humid weather comes. If I need more moisture I'll try the Aveda Be Curly Curl enhancer which is more of a cream and is pretty moisturizing in between wash days or I'll just cleanse and condish my hair more often. My hair takes about 2-3 hours to dry and prefer not to cleanse and condish more often.

This process isn't to make my hair curly-er it's to make my hair moisturized. I'm not concerned about curly my hair is naturally wavy which I want to achieve. As I said if I use stylers my hair will be 2c/3 curly which I don't want. Plus I don't want my hair to look like it was styled, I want it on the messy but neat side if that makes sense.

I agree with products you get what you pay for. Like I said I tried A LOT of drug store products. Some are good BUT I find with premium products you don't need as much AND ingredients list are better.

I've said it before wavy's are not curly's. I went with our son yesterday to the place he goes to get his hair done. He has type 3 hair. All the cuts that were done I noticed were all the same curly hair cuts. My wife calls it a 'bob'. Even a woman who was a wavy like me got the 'bob'. Yes defined her waves but no style. Maybe cause I'm a guy and I don't want my hair to look like it's so perfect that it almost looks fake if that makes sense.
    This is 2nd day hair. Just spritzed with water and lightly scrunched. Still a little wet.
    Another view.dd67181307a54a585d1468d9d6327f68.jpg
    Hair is still somewhat damp. I like the toned down wavy not curly look.

4db8afa89569c58d68cbca8e4c33c9b6.jpg
    082d5290be7d2e806d6eec6bc8a2be62.jpg
    Never thought I'd see a product that cost more per bottle than Deva, it looks like a solid brand for you though! I've been able to start using a little glycerin in my hair again. I'm finding my hair tolerates it better after I do a wash with SLS to clarify, which due to the seborrhea I'm having to do more regularly sadly.
    I rotate through the rest of my products depending on weather and etc but usually don't need them
    Never thought I'd see a product that cost more per bottle than Deva, it looks like a solid brand for you though! I've been able to start using a little glycerin in my hair again. I'm finding my hair tolerates it better after I do a wash with SLS to clarify, which due to the seborrhea I'm having to do more regularly sadly.

Hi Mei you can't really compare Aveda to Deva in my opinion. The conditioners don't perform the same per se. Hard to explain. First for me with Aveda you don't need nearly as much as Deva. Second I think Aveda ingredients list is much better than Deva. Third if I am going to use Aveda Curl enhancer it's not even the same as Deva Be-leavein. It's a cream.
    Hey Mei here's a snap shot of the ingredients list of the condish. I rinse completely out so the glycerin doesn't bother me. 488e94991b5cc9055fe0e5614b89d220.jpg
    Interesting ingredient list. Aloe makes my scalp itch like crazy, it's a trigger for my seborrhea so I tend to stay away from it in hair products now.

I use Deva's Decadence condish now which is vastly different from their original line and has a more natural ingredient list. It's much more moisturizing and the smell is also less offending.

I've never used B'Leave In, only Deva Styling Cream and I really like it.
    Interesting ingredient list. Aloe makes my scalp itch like crazy, it's a trigger for my seborrhea so I tend to stay away from it in hair products now.

I use Deva's Decadence condish now which is vastly different from their original line and has a more natural ingredient list. It's much more moisturizing and the smell is also less offending.

I've never used B'Leave In, only Deva Styling Cream and I really like it.

When I used Deva One condish it was too moisturizing for my hair.
    Cleaned and conditioned. About 4 hours out of shower working outside. 084930047b2865b7e50b38de2dda144d.jpg

209e12944f08de1f7ed4b499b4184109.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file