Non-hangable clothing storage recs

sew and sewsew and sew Registered Users Posts: 3,443
Just curious if any of you have a system for clothing storage that you find convenient?

My dresser drawers aren't big enough to accommodate all my clothes, and many of the pieces (like acrylic sweaters) shouldn't be hung up in my closet either. I have a big pile of clothes just layered on top of each other, on top of a chest. It's madness when I'm trying to rush out the door and want something buried in the pile (not to mention some pieces get wrinkled because grabbing a piece in a hurry musses up the neatness of Mt. Clothing's layers). Also, my current 'system' for woolens is an old plastic comforter bag. I'm thinking of browsing Amazon for storage solutions, but thought I'd check in with you ladies first :)
“It was only a sunny smile and little it cost in the giving but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.” - F. Scott Fitzgerald

3B ■ Medium/Course ■ High Porosity

Comments

• LotsawavesLotsawaves Registered Users Posts: 9,777 Curl Virtuoso
    Under the bed storage units are nice for sweaters, etc.
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • BluebloodBlueblood Registered Users Posts: 1,748 Curl Neophyte
    I actually have a storage chest for the majority of my woollens. I brought it years ago as a set of three. They were all initially used to store odds and ends now I put woollens in one.

I use under bed storage drawers for my sports clothes as it's quick to pull out in morning.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
  • JosephineJosephine Registered Users Posts: 14,408 Curl Connoisseur
    They have those block shelves that you can put bins in for clothing (ikea) and I am about to get a bench to put at the foot of my bed and get bins to put underneath for the rest of my clothes.

th?id=OIP.M1661a4e54432e2ad25e5df5a3f8b7724H0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300

Here's an example: Although Im just going to put the bins directly on hte floor under a bench, I think itll be easier access. I also have a bed with drawers underneath. You can also buy a linen pantry type shelf/cabinet(they are usually narrow and tall so they dont take up a lot of space) do put stuff in. If you have enough closet space, you can buy those hanging things that is like a cloth shelf. I also have one of these. I just moved from an 1100 sq ft apartment with multiple huge closets to a big closet lol so I have had to buy a lot storage solutions!
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 20,731 Curl Virtuoso
    I use these shelf cubicles. They are sturdy, heavy, and simple to put together (I get them on ebay). I also use them in the living room for my entertainment center, book shelves, etc.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • MunchyMunchy Registered Users Posts: 5,206 Curl Novice
    Just curious if any of you have a system for clothing storage that you find convenient?

My dresser drawers aren't big enough to accommodate all my clothes, and many of the pieces (like acrylic sweaters) shouldn't be hung up in my closet either. I have a big pile of clothes just layered on top of each other, on top of a chest. It's madness when I'm trying to rush out the door and want something buried in the pile (not to mention some pieces get wrinkled because grabbing a piece in a hurry musses up the neatness of Mt. Clothing's layers). Also, my current 'system' for woolens is an old plastic comforter bag. I'm thinking of browsing Amazon for storage solutions, but thought I'd check in with you ladies first :)

I have the same exact "system" and I hate it! Good question :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file