Newbie! Can you help with my hair type please? :-)

DeestroyerDeestroyer Registered Users Posts: 8
Hi everyone! New here, living on the East coast. Can anyone help me decide what my hair type is? I was thinking maybe 2b? But I don't really know! Thanks so much!

Dee

Comments

• DeestroyerDeestroyer Registered Users Posts: 8
    Anyone? :-)
  • DeestroyerDeestroyer Registered Users Posts: 8
    Here's two more pics!
  • chupiechupie Registered Users Posts: 5,280 Curl Connoisseur
    I would definitely say 2 a/b. Looks a lot like my hair. What are your other deets? Like thick, thin, fine, medium, coarse, porous, brittle, elastic? Etc.
    2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy8bclCLgER5N_uVYSYZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com
  • MeiMei Registered Users Posts: 259 Curl Neophyte
    Your waves start very close to your roots for most of it, so generally speaking you are a 2b.

Many people have multiple curl types on their head, and curl patterns can vary even from day to day depending on the weather, the products or styling methods used, or even medications/time of month/year/etc. Some days, I am a 2a (even though my curl pattern is mostly 2b with a bit of 2c underneath and a few angry 2a pieces on my forehead/canopy, and some springy 3a bits on the underside near my ears - try styling all that LOL) because I don't bother to do anything but wash my hair (that's all the energy I have some days due to chronic pain).

Some people have more consistency with their curls, but those people tend to be 3s and 4s (my hubs is a 4c, he's West Indian) or people who live in a climate that has a consistent weather/humidity range. Us wavies have a randomness that can be hard to manage (and a lot of people find it frustrating to manage their waves at first when they are still trying to figure out their hair's properties). Your S'waves look good and healthy.
    Multicultural (Caucasian/Filipina)
    2b/2c - f - iii - low porosity - normal elasticity
    Holy Grail: Matrix Biolage Cleansing Conditioner for Curly Hair
    I rotate through the rest of my products depending on weather and etc but usually don't need them
    I try not to use products tested on animals if I can help it.
    Link: Updated hair picture January 2017

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file