Share your thoughts re.

spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Registered Users Posts: 17,898 Curl Virtuoso
this kitchen. Be specific. How does it make you feel? In what context/setting would you picture a kitchen like this?

country-kitchen-with-hexagonal-floor-tiles-and-exposed-brick-in-converted-BM48NY.jpg

Comments

• CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 10,904 Curl Connoisseur
    Love it!!! Looks just like the kitchen we had in a villa we rented in Italy ❤️

The stove is way nicer though. It looks like my parents and I always feel so fancy cooking there!

The only thing I don't like is that towel or whatever it is drying rack thing on the ceiling.
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • claudine191claudine191 Registered Users Posts: 8,221 Curl Connoisseur
  • multicultcurlymulticultcurly Registered Users Posts: 5,136 Curl Connoisseur
    I like the floor. I think country cottage with some bohemian/starving artist chic thrown in.

Eta feelings: warm, cozy, happy, food with love and creativity

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CurlTalk App
    3b/c, medium-coarse, low porosity, high density
    HG: Jessicurl Too Shea and Kinky Curly Curling Custard
    Shampoo: nonsulfate shampoo and Suave Naturals sulfate shampoo when needed
  • sew and sewsew and sew Registered Users Posts: 3,443
    Warm, unpretentious and almost inviting - which it would be if it were a little less cluttered. My eye feels a bit overwhelmed. There is no real focal point to let me take in the room in a smooth, aesthetically cohesive sense.

It does make me think of Latin European cultures at a glance but the pineapple candelabra makes me think of the South (Florida, South Carolina), and somehow the chair makes me think Colonial America :confused1:

The floor is cool.

The room would inspire me to take my coffee black.
    “It was only a sunny smile and little it cost in the giving but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.” - F. Scott Fitzgerald

3B ■ Medium/Course ■ High Porosity
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Registered Users Posts: 12,231 Curl Connoisseur
    I like it a lot! It's French country, rustic style. Wonderful, warm colors create a cozy, welcoming feel. I agree with C.Canadian, though, I don't like that towel thing overhead.

The chairs would be more comfortable with an upholstered seat or padding. There are lots of possibilities for that which blend well with the decor. A pattern using the colors in the drapes would work or even picking out a single color like the cheery yellow in a solid. I also like the tiles on the floor a lot.

I'd prefer a slightly less ornate chandelier although I know that pineapples are a symbol of hospitality and I'm just nitpicking. Basically, I would be very happy to have breakfast there. Strong French roast coffee! :thumright:
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • sew and sewsew and sew Registered Users Posts: 3,443
    curlypearl wrote: »
    Strong French roast coffee! :thumright:

This room makes me people think of coffee :coffee2:

So it's genius on that note. Any room that brings to mind one of life's greatest pleasures... :love5:
    “It was only a sunny smile and little it cost in the giving but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.” - F. Scott Fitzgerald

3B ■ Medium/Course ■ High Porosity
  • StarmieStarmie Registered Users Posts: 7,170 Curl Virtuoso
    I'm not seeing kitchen at all, it looks like a dining area (cc - what stove? Maybe there's something wrong with my computer!). To me it looks like a 'cobbled together with all our leftovers' holiday cottage, too much going on in a small space. Nice to spend a short length of time in but I couldn't live with it.
    3b in South Australia.
  • multicultcurlymulticultcurly Registered Users Posts: 5,136 Curl Connoisseur
    There is a stove in the far right corner of the room.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CurlTalk App
    3b/c, medium-coarse, low porosity, high density
    HG: Jessicurl Too Shea and Kinky Curly Curling Custard
    Shampoo: nonsulfate shampoo and Suave Naturals sulfate shampoo when needed
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 10,904 Curl Connoisseur
    Starmie wrote: »
    I'm not seeing kitchen at all, it looks like a dining area (cc - what stove? Maybe there's something wrong with my computer!). To me it looks like a 'cobbled together with all our leftovers' holiday cottage, too much going on in a small space. Nice to spend a short length of time in but I couldn't live with it.

Scroll to the right maybe? The pic is really big on my computer, fit better on my phone.
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
    Audrey Hepburn
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Registered Users Posts: 9,777 Curl Virtuoso
    Makes me think of an Italian kitchen. It needs an island since there is so little counter space. I agree with CP, Chairs don't look too comfy. Needs some padding. I love an eat in kitchen. My parents & grandparents had one & we kids would sit at the table coloring, etc while the meal was being cooked. I think I would also go with a solid colored drape. Looks a little too busy.
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • StarmieStarmie Registered Users Posts: 7,170 Curl Virtuoso
    Ah, now it looks like a kitchen! I'm only getting half the picture in the original post, it won't scroll anywhere. Still not my cup of tea though.
    3b in South Australia.
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 20,731 Curl Virtuoso
    I bet this kitchen smells good! It feels like 'the old country'. I love it all except the floor. I love the look of it but tile is just too noisy for me. I would love to cook in this kitchen.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Registered Users Posts: 12,231 Curl Connoisseur
    Jeepy, I'll marry you and keep your house pretty and tidy if you'll cook for me in that kitchen. :wave:

Edit: I just remembered that PerriP asked me if I would make her apt. neat and pretty, so PerriP, I extend the same proposal to you:love10:
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file