A realization

curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,175Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
I go back and forth between wearing my hair curly and doing roller sets.

Today I did a roller set (took hours) and it came out lovely. Very elegant and sophisticated. Except...it makes me look older than my curly look!:thumbdown:

Nope - that's it. At 70 looking youthful and modern trumps elegant and sophisticated. Curls from now on!

Xposted in general.
2/c Coarse hair med. density.
Highly porous. Color over grey.
I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
Every day is a gift :flower:

Comments

• kasdenkasden Posts: 1,045Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    :hello2: Hi Ms. Pearl!!!! I just love your attitude! You make me smile. Thank you!!!!! {{{Hugz}}} :love7:
    2c/3a, fine, low-med porosity, below BSL, mod CG since 9/09

"I'm fairly certain that given a cape and a nice tiara, I could save the world." - Leigh Standley
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 9,662Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I'm finding I look better with a smooth look. I do my hair at night. I put plastic rollers on the top when my hair is wet & once the lower part is almost dry I pull it up in a scrunchy, divide in 2 pieces & put them in rollers. This way I am able to sleep in the rollers over night & it gives me more body. I only do my hair every 3 days so on my "off" days I just pull my hair on top of my head in a scrunchy. I'm having a great hair day & no where to go.
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,175Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Hey there Lotsa, Some wonderful guy is going to scoop you up one of these days. Hang in there and stay gorgeous!
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
    You, too CP.
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Curl Neophyte
    I wore my hair smoother in front with waves in back and my daughter thought I looked older than when I wear my curls defined.
    Maudie

CO wash-Vo5 Kiwi Lime
    Regular CO-Tresemme Naturals Silicone Free
    Deep CO-Aussie 3 Minute Miracle

Shampoo-Jhirmack Silver Plus Ageless once a week
    Cream-Garnier Fructis Sleek $ Shine Leave-In Conditioning
    Gels-LA Looks Sport

Going silver-last hair color 4/10/15
    Just do what works for you. We are all different. There are curlies going gray. They look fabulous. This wouldn't work for me.
    From Michael Berg:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file