chai tea (iced)

spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Registered Users Posts: 17,898 Curl Virtuoso
So I was never really a huge fan and hadn't tried many types. But I stumbled upon chai that's premade in a bottle at the supermarket from Bolthouse Farms in the refrigerated produce section. This stuff is amazing!!! It comes in a 32 oz bottle for $3.79 (and a smaller size). And it's super creamy - made w/ soy milk concentrate and soy protein isolate instead of dairy which is cool. But it's made w/ real sugar which I don't like. I'm wondering how I might recreate it at home using pure sucralose instead of sugar.

I had some random chai tea bag at home and some soy milk, almond milk and cashew milk. I brewed the tea and tried it w/ all three milks and it was gross and thin and wood-tasting. I guess it was missing the isolate?

Do you know of any chai tea preparations that I can make sweeten myself w/o sugar and will taste very creamy w/o dairy?

How do you like your chai tea?

Comments

• CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 10,904 Curl Connoisseur
    This looks like it would work, a lot of effort though!

Vegan Chai Latte | Minimalist Baker Recipes

The concentrate idea is neat here...

Working With What You Have: Iced Chai Tea Latte - Big Girls Small Kitchen
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Registered Users Posts: 17,898 Curl Virtuoso
    This looks like it would work, a lot of effort though!

Vegan Chai Latte | Minimalist Baker Recipes

The concentrate idea is neat here...

Working With What You Have: Iced Chai Tea Latte - Big Girls Small Kitchen

mmmmm cashew cream!!! I'm going to try! Thank you

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file