Easy/Healthy Recipes

CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 10,904 Curl Connoisseur
I get stuck in rut with clean eating and stick to the same things because I always have them on hand, and I find it easier with everything set out....and I'm crazy lazy if just cooking for myself.

I usually have an oatmeal packet for breakfast, it's warming up out though and I'm tired of them. Found this recipe online and it's yummy!!! I added raisins, walnuts, flax & hemp seeds. I made a triple batch & 6 cookies instead of 3. Will be a good grab for breakfast on my way out the door. Would be awesome with some chocolate chips!

2dfb4215adf0d4e4eef1319d6048b60c.jpg

http://runeatrepeat.com/2013/03/26/healthy-oatmeal-cookie-recipe-for-breakfast/?m

Any you love?? Keep in mind I'm extremely lazy!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
Audrey Hepburn

Comments

• LotsawavesLotsawaves Registered Users Posts: 9,777 Curl Virtuoso
    I make frittatas in muffin tins. I make a dozen at a time & will keep them in a ziplock in my frig & nuke when I want to eat one. You can also eat them cold. I start my day with a green & blue berry smoothie & eat these mid morning.
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 10,904 Curl Connoisseur
    Just made these and they're awesome!! I did garlic & sea salt, I think lime /black pepper and chilli powder would be great.

8189cffc56a96964aaeb8fd7a93d89ae.jpg416169d3d9bd22a039d7a4d2fc0199aa.jpg

http://www.everylastbite.com/2014/11/29/split-peas/

I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Registered Users Posts: 9,777 Curl Virtuoso
    JMO, but I'm not so sure that oatmeal packets & chocolate chips would be that healthy. Sounds like high sugar & processed food.
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 10,904 Curl Connoisseur
    Lotsawaves wrote: »
    JMO, but I'm not so sure that oatmeal packets & chocolate chips would be that healthy. Sounds like high sugar & processed food.

The only thing I track is sugar (no fat or calories) and of the 27g/day, 4g is coming from the oatmeal (and 1/2 that now because I made the cookies in two instead of one) packet. The rest (save for 1g that comes from one of my protein shakes) is natural occurring in fruits/veggies.

I haven't tried the chocolate chips, a few would make little difference. I'm in the middle of a 21-day no junk run though so it's a moot point, maybe when I hit my break at the end of this one lol

Thanks though, I really appreciate it!!! Packs of oatmeal are really sneaky, looks like a great breakfast food (like most flavoured yogurts!) and really most are not much better then a chocolate bar 😕

Audrey Hepburn
    Thanks!!! I'm such a boring salad eater, love new ideas :)

Audrey Hepburn

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file