How to reduce large pores and oily skin?

HappinessmoonHappinessmoon Posts: 57Registered Users
So, I suffer from oily skin. I also have large pores around my cheek area and blackheads, especially on my nose. I started using a toner and moisturizer this year (oil free of course). I also use SheaMoisture African black bar soup. I do not notice my skin improving honestly. I also try to put some lemon juice on my face overnight and wash it off in the morning.

I want to embrace my natural face, but having all these problems is stopping me. Can someone recommend what I should do? I know eating healthier and drinking lots of water is one of them, but what else? I don't want to keep wasting my money on the same face products if they are not working.

Comments

• CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    I use a clarisonic and just started with a retinol oil. My skin feels amazing and my black heads are all but gone.
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,555Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    These can be difficult issues to solve (I know, because I've always had problem skin). I would recommend going to an esthetician. She will be able to get your face clear and recommend products to keep your skin clear. It may be expensive, but it will be worth it if it gives you results.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file