Alternative to plopping?

OnTheGrowOnTheGrow Registered Users Posts: 3
Hi Everyone!
My name is Brandy and I'm new to the site. I think I'm a 2b, low density,low porosity and fine after years of straightening and processing my hair. As a young teen I was a 2c-3a, so I'm using the curly girl method to hopefully reclaim those beauties. My hair is shoulder length so not short but plopping makes my waves look crazy and untameable. Does anyone have any suggestions or alternatives to plopping? I've been washing at night and sleeping in my plop.
2a/b,fine/limp/frizzy, low density, normal-high porosity
Poo-Shea moisture strengthen,grow and restore shampoo
CO-suave essentials tropical coconut
RO- treseme perfectly undone conditioner
LI- aphogee provitamin leave in
Style- aphogee curl defining creme, ion curl defining creme, ion second day refresher

Comments

• machermacher Registered Users Posts: 1,031 Curl Connoisseur
    How about just letting your hair air dry naturally?
  • OnTheGrowOnTheGrow Registered Users Posts: 3
    I've been doing everything at night because I'm not much of a morning person but your right I did try that and yesterday my hair was kind of flat but I pineapples last night and my 2nd day hair is great except for some frizz mess. I took back the Eco gel because I think it's just to much for my hair and got aphogee curl creme, leave in treatment and ion curl creme for fine hair and ion 2nd day refresher spray from Sally's. Hopefully those will help. I think I'm quickly becoming a product junky!
    2a/b,fine/limp/frizzy, low density, normal-high porosity
    Poo-Shea moisture strengthen,grow and restore shampoo
    CO-suave essentials tropical coconut
    RO- treseme perfectly undone conditioner
    LI- aphogee provitamin leave in
    Style- aphogee curl defining creme, ion curl defining creme, ion second day refresher
  • MeiMei Registered Users Posts: 259 Curl Neophyte
    I only plop for 30 mins after a shower and that's just to grab to excess moisture really. Plopping vs wrapping my hair in the t-shirt the normal way has never made a difference in my waves. I clip my roots if I want it to look really nice, and either air dry or diffuse. I never sleep with wet hair because it causes too much frizz so if I shower at night I diffuse to 100% dry then pineapple before going to sleep. I always pineapple when I sleep. But plopping has made absolutely zero difference in the quality or volume of my waves - Product type and diffusing has done more for me.
    Multicultural (Caucasian/Filipina)
    2b/2c - f - iii - low porosity - normal elasticity
    Holy Grail: Matrix Biolage Cleansing Conditioner for Curly Hair
    I rotate through the rest of my products depending on weather and etc but usually don't need them
    I try not to use products tested on animals if I can help it.
    Link: Updated hair picture January 2017
  • Alyssa.GodfrAlyssa.Godfr Registered Users Posts: 65
    Plopping has always made my waves wonky because they're pretty loose. You probably don't have that problem, but in any case, my alternative has been to use a t-shirt to squeeze the excess moisture out of my hair while my head is upside down. Seems to help it dry faster and makes my hair less sticky from the gel. I don't squeeze so hard when I don't use gel though. Just lightly, or my hair gets frizzy.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file